Worlds economy

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

suspect20
Lieutenant

Worlds economy

Post by suspect20 »

In every game I run for multiple years 80% of the world goes into the red and is never able to recover their economy. I think the main problem is that every nation is given their real world debts, but at the start of the game everyones interest rate is set at 3.5%. After a year their rates shoot up to over 11%. Japan is a prime example of this. In every single game they do fine for a year, then after those loans start to refresh at new rates they start on the irreversible track of a doomed economy. Maybe I'm wrong about the interest rates being the trigger, but in every game I play within a couple years almost every nations economy has failed.

The scenario I play the most is melting pot, perhaps it is just in that scenario. Over half of the US is running billions in the red by 2024. Japan is nearly a trillion in the red. The only regions that seem to consistently have stable economies are China and the middle east. Perhaps there needs to be an option you can toggle to allow the Ai to remove its debt or have lower interest rates or some sort of quickfix to make the game more competitive while the ai is being tweaked to the point it can maintain its economy consistently. It is no fun playing a game that boasts about a vibrant global economy when over half the world is unable to produce units, research, or defend themselves due to consistently having a ruined economy a couple years into the game.
The Beastmaster
Sergeant

Post by The Beastmaster »

Is there an option in the sandbox game mode to turn off all debts or at least adjust debts of countries before you start a sandbox game?
Ferraris
Sergeant

Post by Ferraris »

the same here... i fixed using artmoney, i raise my cash lvl and then give large gifs to the nation who need it... so i save japan from red
suspect20
Lieutenant

Post by suspect20 »

It is is a lot more noticeable in the melting pot scenario. Which I guess makes sense when half the world is at war. Maybe if the AI is getting in debt bad they need to decrease defcon to 2 or 3. It seems silly for them to stay at 1 paying huge amounts of money when they are running in the red for long periods of time. Japan however is screwed in every game, in every scenario, at war or not. I think they need another looking at and some tweaking in how they manage their economy. Maybe focus on paying off their loans at the start of the game when they have near 100billion to increase their credit rating before their loans start to refresh at the higher rate.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”