Production Cost

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

brekehan
Captain

Production Cost

Post by brekehan »

I am notcing that my production costs are rising. Are they the same for all nations? If they are seperate, how can I tell who makes a product the cheapest and ask them for some!? How can I lower my own production costs?
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Production Cost

Post by mrgenie »

I'm not sure about this one, as I'm puzzling myself to figure out how to control them, but this is what I "THINK" might be the case:

- The higher the GDP, the more expensive wages are, the higher the production cost because of employees cost
- When you disable facilities(or set your production to 100% demand, instead of 100% capacity, your overproduction is cut off, if you have any, and you lower your production cost) with the sideeffect you can't sell stuff anymore then

- The rest I'm still figuring out how to lower those costs, since my costs are just exploding as I conquer more and more territories but my income from taxes isn't exploding..

- I did figure out the trick with the light red/middlle red/very red not to build 6 ore mines on a light red hex, but, even when I'm using everything optimal, production costs are exploding like crazy..I think generally the costs should be lowered by 10% to balance the game, but I'm not sure about that..

Also, i have no idea how infrastructure spending effects the cost, or when i Ore Coals in 1 Area, and build a Coal Plant 600km further, how this effects the production cost of energy..

Generally I'm nearly everywhere producing under the global market price, but my costs are still killing me, so I'd love to hear from someone what's the trick with these costs..since they are killing my game fun, and I don't like to use the cheat proggie to get me some money
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
monty845
Warrant Officer

Post by monty845 »

What you need to do is to crash your GDP. If your near full employment it will be hard to reduce costs. What I did to drop my GDP massively, and thereby lower my production costs, was to massively drop the top row of taxes (Low income, corporate and buisness = 0, rest of the taxes are maxed out), reduce non-critical domestic spending and get more population. My nation has an inflation rate of 0.2%, and profit from pretty much every type of resource.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

monty845 wrote:What you need to do is to crash your GDP. If your near full employment it will be hard to reduce costs. What I did to drop my GDP massively, and thereby lower my production costs, was to massively drop the top row of taxes (Low income, corporate and buisness = 0, rest of the taxes are maxed out), reduce non-critical domestic spending and get more population. My nation has an inflation rate of 0.2%, and profit from pretty much every type of resource.
Thank you monty, I'll try this out ASAP :)

but, could you be more specific on "non-critical domestic spending" I'm new to this game, haven't played 2010 either, and I have no idea what you mean with "non-critical domestic spending" :)
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Booz
Sergeant

Post by Booz »

Production cost is also linked to supply. If some of your industries are located in a poorly supplied area, build an infrastructure to link them to the rest of the network, so your buildings produce more, but with the same cost : reduced cost/unit!

As playing UAE, I lowered my oil c/u from 176$ to 140$ by building a simple inexpensive road to link them. Very efficient!

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”