budget and research

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

mitre
Corporal

budget and research

Post by mitre »

Is there anyway to change the allocation of budget spending.
I as Sweden, has a budget surplus of 100M, is there anyway to allocate that surplus to the research expense account, instead of it going to the "cash".

2. Is there any way to hurry up the research levels, all i can see is changing 0-100 % on 3 different sliders. But no options to allocate my complete researchbudget for tech levels.[/b]
Bateman1982
Lieutenant

Post by Bateman1982 »

Hmmm..
The slider for tech level spending is limited at 100%, the only one you can push over 100% is the efficiency funding, which I guess would improve your research times.

Also, I know in SR2010 that if you built more research centres this would enable you to spend more money on research, i.e 100% research spending with 2 centres would be more than if you just had 1 centre.

As for whether this would speed up your research, I don't know as I haven't tested it personally.
Graymane
Major

Post by Graymane »

In short, no you can't, this isn't EU :-) As the other post said, build more research facilities. You can also increase your education setting to give some improvement to research efficiency.
mitre
Corporal

Post by mitre »

Then I can only hope that this function is implementeted at a later stage. I know buildning research facilities increases some, but almost none on the research level. It would be real nice to have the research tab built just like the social spending, where I could choose to spend all on tech level or on the other two.
Spawnblade
Corporal

Post by Spawnblade »

mitre wrote:Then I can only hope that this function is implementeted at a later stage. I know buildning research facilities increases some, but almost none on the research level. It would be real nice to have the research tab built just like the social spending, where I could choose to spend all on tech level or on the other two.
I have to agree with this.

Despite building a dozen research centers for a small middle eastern country, my tech-level does not increase any faster or slower than before. I'm afraid I can't understand this. I've invested hundreds of millions now in purchasing techs (since for some odd reason i find it -far- cheaper to purchase techs than to actually do the research myself.. and it's instant.) The only downside is that I can't actually use these techs with my units until I get a higher tech level. Sooo it looks like i'm just going to disable the tech level altogether before my next game unless someone knows something I should be doing (besides maxing education, building research centers, etc... none of which appear to do anything for the tech-level, only for research efficiency (individual techs) -which I find no use in since it's cheaper to buy.)
mitre
Corporal

Post by mitre »

another question on this topic, what is the deciding factor for the tech level spending?

Sweden (in 2020 campaign) has 23M spending, Ireland 9M, Argentina 7M, Dem Rep of Congo >1M. I can only guess that GDP has something to do with it, but it would be real nice to have a respons on the issue.

I can only concur with Spawnblade, it suxxors bigtime to build 20 research centers to have no effect on tech level spending.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Re: budget and research

Post by BattleGoat »

mitre wrote:Is there anyway to change the allocation of budget spending.
I as Sweden, has a budget surplus of 100M, is there anyway to allocate that surplus to the research expense account, instead of it going to the "cash".

2. Is there any way to hurry up the research levels, all i can see is changing 0-100 % on 3 different sliders. But no options to allocate my complete researchbudget for tech levels.[/b]
If you increase the Efficiency (up to 200%) this will improve what is being spent on both Tech Level and Specific Research Projects. So if your efficiency is at 200%, and you have one research slot per project being researched and your Research Techs slider is also at 100%, then a project will be completed twice as fast as at 100% efficiency. Tech Level will also be similarly affected.
- David
Spawnblade
Corporal

Re: budget and research

Post by Spawnblade »

BattleGoat wrote:
mitre wrote:Is there anyway to change the allocation of budget spending.

If you increase the Efficiency (up to 200%) this will improve what is being spent on both Tech Level and Specific Research Projects. So if your efficiency is at 200%, and you have one research slot per project being researched and your Research Techs slider is also at 100%, then a project will be completed twice as fast as at 100% efficiency. Tech Level will also be similarly affected.
Perhaps in theory, however my experience in game has proven differently.

My tech level has advanced each January of the following year, by 1. This is despite having a 200% efficiency spending, a 100% listed efficiency, 1 research center for every 2 million people, and a GDP that has increased nearly 100% each year.

Not to mention I had purchased every tech available within two years (for my tech level), and currently have drastically more techs than 80% of the other countries that happen to be blessed with a high tech level. I cannot fathom why individual research does not impact tech-level, or why there seems to be no apparent way to actually speed up tech-level to faster than 1 per year... Otherwise its pretty much impossible to ever compete with the world powers as an obscure nation.
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Hmmm... I'll have to get George to check the formula when he gets back from his vacation.
- David
mitre
Corporal

Post by mitre »

Thnx for the answers, guess all we can do is wait for George. Again i agree with Spawnblade, Efficiency doesn´t change my spending on tech level, and trying to make Dem. Rep. of Congo emperors of Africa is hard when the tech level spending doesn´t get over 1M inspite of numerous research centers, and I'm stuck at 75 :(

(and sorry for sounding overly negative in previous posts, it's a really good game and the far best in its genre today)
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

If it works the same way as in sr2010,which in some ways we know it doesnt :lol: ,population was also a limiting effect on research.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Spawnblade
Corporal

Post by Spawnblade »

mitre wrote: (and sorry for sounding overly negative in previous posts, it's a really good game and the far best in its genre today)
Ditto.
Claudius
Sergeant

Post by Claudius »

Bateman1982 wrote:Hmmm..
The slider for tech level spending is limited at 100%, the only one you can push over 100% is the efficiency funding, which I guess would improve your research times.

Also, I know in SR2010 that if you built more research centres this would enable you to spend more money on research, i.e 100% research spending with 2 centres would be more than if you just had 1 centre.

As for whether this would speed up your research, I don't know as I haven't tested it personally.
Does anyone know if building research centers in high pop/supply areas will increase research speed when compared to building them a lower density area?
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Supply levels shouldn't affect Research speed.
- David
Grendar
Lieutenant

Post by Grendar »

But apparantly GDP increase does.

I had my research lvl increase 5-10 times when my economy grew and only 1 lvl at a time when my economy was in recession due to me dealing with rampant inflation.

At least, that's what I can tell from my observations.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”