Some Ideas

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

LebaneseForces
Corporal

Some Ideas

Post by LebaneseForces »

hello, I have looked at many of the discussions here on the forum but not everything so I apologise if any of my points have already been discussed.

1. Are there any plans for a system of 'liberating' a country once it has been taken over? THis could be done to varying degrees. For example you could completley liberate a fallen nation which would make them totally independant, or you could install a puppet regime which would be loyal to oyur own region. The later option might mean other not so happy neighbours or world market dissapointment?

2. Possible scenarios where 'guerilla' factions can have foot holds in countries without actually owning the land. Coming from Lebanon this is an obvious reality and could introduce some exciting different missions/scenarios, offering a totally different style of warfare. How easy this would be to make playable i dont know, let me know what you think.

3. The option of having you leader as an actual entity (some kind of unit) on the map. This could be siginificant as in real warfare there is always a manhunt to capture/kill the regime ruler (with reference to the late Saddam). May be facilities could be created to keep your loving dictator safe (a nuclear bunker perhaps). If the ruler is killed or captured the game does not have to end, but could be bartered for peace/money/land. It oculd also mean moral loss for any troops still in battle.

I dont even know if its too late at this stage of developments for new ideas but thought i would give it a shot. I absolutlely love the game and hope Lebanon is in 2020! Thanks for any comments.
Miecznik
Captain

Post by Miecznik »

Well... If leader would be a unit i would put him into nuc submarine and send him under the north pole cap.

wich is not a leader kind of behaviour.

I find also that some more conquered lands control options should be in. War in Sr 10 looked more like Risiko game rather than geopolitical strategy
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Some Ideas

Post by tkobo »

LebaneseForces wrote:hello, I have looked at many of the discussions here on the forum but not everything so I apologise if any of my points have already been discussed.

Im for all three of these suggestions, and all have been mentioned before on the forums.But for various reasons none has been embraced yet by the dev team, that we know of.

1. Are there any plans for a system of 'liberating' a country once it has been taken over? THis could be done to varying degrees. For example you could completley liberate a fallen nation which would make them totally independant, or you could install a puppet regime which would be loyal to oyur own region. The later option might mean other not so happy neighbours or world market dissapointment?

You couldnt do this in sr2010.I "think" we still wont be able to in sr2020, but i could be wrong.
Best to wait for a dev answer on this.
And if that answer is no, push politely in the future for it to be yes in the next game.

2. Possible scenarios where 'guerilla' factions can have foot holds in countries without actually owning the land. Coming from Lebanon this is an obvious reality and could introduce some exciting different missions/scenarios, offering a totally different style of warfare. How easy this would be to make playable i dont know, let me know what you think.

Again this is something that wasnt in sr2010.All partisan like units took the ground they spawned on.
BUT there is hope, becuase special forces units could travel thru land and not capture it,so its another thing to push for in future releases if we dont get it in sr2020.

3. The option of having you leader as an actual entity (some kind of unit) on the map. This could be siginificant as in real warfare there is always a manhunt to capture/kill the regime ruler (with reference to the late Saddam). May be facilities could be created to keep your loving dictator safe (a nuclear bunker perhaps). If the ruler is killed or captured the game does not have to end, but could be bartered for peace/money/land. It oculd also mean moral loss for any troops still in battle.

This has been considered a few times, and there is an equivilant in sr2010.
Its called a HQ unit, and losing this unit loses you the game.
Soooooo, if you join the push to get unit renaming back in for sr2020, you could than if we get it, simply rename the HQ to the name of your leader and get about the same as your looking for.
This (HQ units) was an optional victory condition in sr2010 by the way.

I dont even know if its too late at this stage of developments for new ideas but thought i would give it a shot. I absolutlely love the game and hope Lebanon is in 2020! Thanks for any comments.

Even if its too late now, push for it anyway.Theres always the next game.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Development - 2020”