beta?

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

qgbnorman
Corporal

beta?

Post by qgbnorman »

has there been or will there be a beta
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

beta has not been done or nor has it been announced as of yet. They are still deciding whether or not to carry it out BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE IN IT if they do decide to carry it out.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

SGTscuba wrote:beta has not been done or nor has it been announced as of yet. They are still deciding whether or not to carry it out BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE IN IT if they do decide to carry it out.
No. Chris and George have already said you have too much homework to do, and hence you couldn't participate in the beta.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

The sad truth is, there wont be an open beta according to the devs last statement on this.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... light=beta

Now this doesnt mean there wasnt a "alpha" or "beta". The devs have stated and in sr2010 they did excatly this, that they use friends and relatives to do testing fairly early on.

In sr2010 for instance, they were using people to test like 2 years before the game was released(and had mulitple steps in testing-alpha, closed beta, open beta).They even kept the beta forum as open to all, so people who choose not to do beta, or didnt get an invite, could follow along and help out that way.

Our first look at the game, before purchase as it stands now, will be the demo.

Now theyve asked what we want as far as a demo goes here:
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9630
SOOOOOOO....... if you havent yet ,tell them there.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Feltan wrote:
SGTscuba wrote:beta has not been done or nor has it been announced as of yet. They are still deciding whether or not to carry it out BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE IN IT if they do decide to carry it out.
No. Chris and George have already said you have too much homework to do, and hence you couldn't participate in the beta.

Regards,
Feltan
Na no chance of that, in 2 weeks time I will have no more homework for 3 months and so i will be able to (and would like to) participate in beta.

Return to “Development - 2020”