Multiplayer update?

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Empier4552
General

Multiplayer update?

Post by Empier4552 »

hey first a hello to all who remember me ;-). Work School and a Woman keep one busy. I've still been following when I can the progress of SR2020 and even did a search but found very little in regards to how far progression has gone with mutiplayer..?

Call me some what spoiled but for instance are there plans to allow games to be saved to watch in a movie replay mode? Also any thoughts given to storing statistics on a central/global server? I know we're a bit of a niche market but I think it would be nice to have some sort of central roster of all players and their rankings should they opt to be in a ranked match?

Not many other questions most of the discussoins look pretty intense and thorough addressing most issues or desires that we had with SR2010 :-).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Hi Empire, good to see you around again.

So far it looks like no to both of these. I keep trying to sneak extra MP elements into George's schedule, but the project timeline is already quite ambitious. It will support multiplayer and we are working to expand that capability compared to what 2010 offered but no details yet (might have some details in a few weeks, I've been working on lobby designs...)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Ahh sadness but ah well. I hope you spend more time on the game then the lobby design ;-). Will it stil be IP based like before or will it be easier to search for games? Maybe a central server atleast to list games to join..
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Empier4552 wrote:...Maybe a central server atleast to list games to join..
Probably beyond the means of a small studio like ours...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Development - 2020”