A sugestion for the new 2020

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

delevero
Corporal

A sugestion for the new 2020

Post by delevero »

Dear Battlegoat Studios..
Thank you for the great game 2010, i really love it.

I have a few sugestions for new changes to 2020.

1). Maybe you should have a look at the research area, and make some changes how players are possible to trade technology.
When I play i barly research in the start of the game since its much more easy to just buy the tech with oil and money instead of waiting like 1 year for one tech... Then when i got the tech i can trade it to interested AI players and earn the money back... ofcourse only to ai that are not treat at the moment.. I like the idea that some tech are not possible to buy.
Oh an maybe a feature to delete unit designs that get old and useless.
And maybe what about making the newest of the AI tech from any nation secret so you cannot see what the enemy really got..

2). Unit designs avaliable to a country.
Im from Denmark, and when i play as Denmark ( the europe mission ) I buy alot of tech ect. and get my tech age to 104 ect then im not able to research bomber designs.. I have also had problems when I got the tech for building nuclear missiles and bombs. If i dosent buy the design from "france" i cannot develop the bombs or missiles.. the same problem is that I cannot develop new unit designs for like tanks...
I dont know if this is a limit to the europe mission if it is then just ignore this text.
I like that it take like 1 year to build a nuclear missile.. ;-)

3). Recon sattelites ect.
I have to admit I dont find them of any use.. or maby im doing it wrong.
I have 10 sattelites in orbit but i cannot se more of the map becourse of the sattelite.... recon/spy sattelite.

4). What i personaly would like is some maps were you start off with almost nothing tech age, or techs at all.. And then just from scratch build up your forces ect.... I find the editor quite comfusing.. :oops:

well just a few suggestions... thank you all for a great game..

Sorry for all the erros, hope you get the meaning.. ;-)
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Welcome to the forum! :-)
When I play i barly research in the start of the game since its much more easy to just buy the tech with oil and money instead of waiting like 1 year for one tech.Oh an maybe a feature to delete unit designs that get old and useless.
1) I find it quite easy to get techs, without buying them from the AI, you just need 3-4 tech centers, with plenty of money being spent on them then i can research 4-5 techs in less than a hundred days.

2) I pretty sure that the game already removes most obsolete designs, however i supose that it would be quite useful to delete old designs. (For some reason the M1 Abrams stays avalible to build even tho i can build M1A5's)
Unit designs avaliable to a country. Im from Denmark, and when i play as Denmark ( the europe mission ) I buy alot of tech ect. and get my tech age to 104 ect then im not able to research bomber designs.. the same problem is that I cannot develop new unit designs for like tanks...
3) I suspect that your problem is that Denmark (who is not well known for bombers and tanks) simply has no more tank or bomber designs left to design. You will have to buy, the goats did this because if they had to invent units for every region, we would still be waiting for sr2010.
Recon sattelites ect.
4) You have to have lots of them 16+, and then it only shows up 'loud' units, i.e. those units that have very low stealth values. And those units that are engaged in combat.
Sorry for all the erros, hope you get the meaning..
Your spelling is fine, don't worry mate :-)
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Yes, welcome to the forums.

To answer one area of your post, technologies and research, we have ideas that could help with some of what you have mentioned. (these are just ideas at this point and we make no promise of them finding their way into the game).

1) trading technologies could have an effect on neighboring countries. If you buy a tank design from a country then your enemies may like that country a bit less. And, your actions of buying a tank design could add tensions to close countries. Take the idea of nuclear weapons techs... if you buy missiles from someone they may be affected by the trade because they are supplying someone with dangerous weapons.

2) researching your own techs could give a country a bonus - upon completing one tech, you could see a 5% completion towards your next tech level.

3) another way to slow down trading or in reverse to encourage research could be by adding a bonus or penalty.
- by default tank X could take 73 days to build.
If you research it it can take 68 days... or if you trade it you may find it will take 82 days.
The other approach is that when you research you can start building right away and if you trade it, there will be a warming up period to get things online and working properly in your production facilities.

4) when taking over a country there are ideas to allow you to take over/capture technologies. Possibly as you capture tech centres you will have the chance to get a free tech. Perhaps if you now own 50% of a country and the country is gone, you will have access to their potential technologies in the future. So if you want a bomber design you may see it available because you now own another region.

These are all ideas and must be properly balanced in to make it into the game.
Wicked
Warrant Officer

Some thoughts of mine

Post by Wicked »

First I want to thank all the people that involved in development of this wonderful global strat/tactic game!!! This game gathered allmost everuthing I ever wanted from this my favorite gender of the games.

What I suggest to be added/altered..

1) Production - in details menu of the any building it will be good to see number of workers for the current moment/ then we can control unemplyment rate effectively

What do you think if we can build oil well for example on some other counrty and we can resolve unemployment problem of this state and pay for this % of the good produced (may be floating %). Then it is possible to sell it to this state and this state can then initiate bying. And also new elected gov may nationalize it.

2) Cabinet - I can't see what are the several ministers doing. I see for example what trying to do minister to fight the inflations but I can't get what foreigh minaster does to convert the neutrals to ally. So Let's say may be we need more clear picture of what the ministers doing. May be it is good to do such role system like each minister personal have bonus/penalty for different goals/fields. So we need to do ministers assignment more clear - so Leader can prospect that given man as minister will bonus this and penalty in that.... and add more people to choose from to possible ministers with different but clear characteristics

3) Diplomacy - We didn't receive any trade from other countries. allways we open trade and never the other country go for us first. so I see that AI countries go to each other to trade, but to have trade with us only possible when we go first with purpose. it is boring and far from reality. Will be perfect to resolve it and we'll have counties ask us for any trades in all possible options - product, techs, units, research, loans

When countries in state of war I noticed that even the country that close to colapse not agree and not offer cease fire/peace. It will be more good to have wars like local not only global fights for the total desrtoyng opponent so we'll have multiple map tranformations and it is good I think.
So each county (not only our) Should estimate their loses and be ready and willing to decide and initiate stop war even in cost of lose some territiories.

It will be good that AI countries start the war with major-minor goals and achieving it also is ready to stop the fight even with cost of contribution to weaker enemy. For example - I need territory with oil, my neghbor is not use it but not agree to sell the piece of this land. I start war and get this land. I dont need to destroy and coupe country. So I ready to stop the war and even pay for the stop cause I afraid other state nearby can start war against me for self reasons.

It will be great that minister give us suggestions how many % the deal we preper to other country will be accepted by other side. And success of deals ("price" we pay) we offer should more directly depends on personal abilities of our minister.

We should have more (or more clear) option to increase Dip or Civ rate.

Civ rate should not fall fast or/and go high very slowly if two countries in peace.

Not only number of deals but amount and lenght should have decent effect on civ and dip rate. 1000M deal of Greece with Ukraine should be greater effect for Greece and Ukraine dip-civ then 1000M deal Greece and USA. In both case effect for Greece depends on their level of economics.

We should have the possibilities (minister reports) to monitor each deal effectivness. So I want to now that my deal with other county now making CIV

4) Scenario - let it be such scenario like WW III with maximum countries possible but not too forced to go war. Just like real life.

------
And Dip-Civ rate should have aletrations depending on all new options ofcourse.

That will do for now. may be I add smth later. Sory if I mentioned smth that already took the place in the game. May be it was not so clear to see for me.

Sory for mistakes. Not many cases to practice my english.

Great Game!!!!

EDITED POST 1
Clean Forgot to mention Satelites. May be great to ad such option to those who have lunch pad - to receive or offer countries to launch TV sats or may be other name so we can produce them sell them and luhch them for other countries taking money and ohter counry dip-civ rate go up. And such launch for TV sat owner is tool to make citizens more happy. More sats Poland buy from USA and launch from Russia - Poland people happy. Usa - Poland and Russia - Poland relations have effect.

EDITED POST 2
Oh my God! I am afraid one thing more - Espinage!!!
I mean active espinage acts.
So what I think... we can have here:
- new (may be even expensive) unit - Spy.
- and new optin in Operation Dep - "Counter Spy"

Spy can go free through the borders (may be eplement some difficulties for them to go through borders dependin on transit treaties or smth else)

Spy can be placed on any other countries building to sabotage its activity (decrease production,decrease reseaech speed/steal research or may be help to speed up our research - stealing some docs to us). So Spy dig in buinding and work for us.
We can make spy convert to sabotage bulding or enemy unit in war (decreasing srenght of building like after bomb, affecting building functions and civ casulties especialy in cities) Any time we can transfer spy to new building to make the new building weaker or some other reason. In this case if the spy was reducing production if the factory, factory starts to recover from his acting ones hi's out.

So we can have the oportunities to harm economy of the aim country through spies, raise inflation and so on.

Counter Spy in Operation Dep - anti spy can be done through STATE SERVICE like COUNTER SPY SERVICE. We can do it just like we finance researches - just give money to fight spy activitiy in our land. And no need to make units to catch enemy spy.

Building Spy unit - also in Oper Dep like satellites. Spy - should be expencive but useful. So wealthiest countries can make more spies.

Spy acts can be devided on what he can do when we in peace with other country and what he additionaly can do during the war.

May be you develop this idea more interesting. What the Effect on economy of the country producing spy and acting against them - it is up to you how to do it close real.

So we need to find way how to connect properly antispy money with catching Spies. When spy is cought - dip and/or civ rates have effect.

EDITED POST 3

One thing more - Statistics - It is more good if we have separated stats of war with different countries. And will br cool at all if we'll have WAR STATS section where we can see war stats and hronolgical information about past wars - with wich country, when started-finished (when finished), loses in each groups units both sides (inf,tanks,art,AA and so on), soldiers died, civ loses, and when finished - condition of stoping war.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Lots of great ideas.

I'd suggest that if you want more discussion on any of these ideas that you start new threads for each one, then we can address them for you and you may get more comments from the forum.
Wicked
Warrant Officer

Post by Wicked »

Thank you, glade to hear my suggestions you find usefull.

I am afraid (hope) it will be the my last love in such gender of the game. There will be nothing else to wish for this great game :-)))

Ok I will start new topics tommorow.

More to say I made up my memory and now I think it will be good to make such unit constraction filter like "hide excluded" to make my get rid of units I dont want to use at all. Viev favorites filter is good but "hide excluded" will be more suitable cause when I use view favorites I did not see new unit that just appear from unit design or tech trading
zhshs7
Warrant Officer

Post by zhshs7 »

I prefer to research techs all by myself and climb to the top of the tech tree, tough thing if i don't have enough population...

This is always my problem in Greece(except if i go to war). Odd as it may seem, it's harder to research in Norway than in Spain..

Is there any way to make research less dependable on population? Perhaps requiring more percentage of total money to speed research up than actual quantity..

Return to “Development - 2020”