Development idea - Starting Number Groups

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Eric
Sergeant

Post by Eric »

Hmm, too much data for a non native english speaker like me...

but I'll talk from my experience, like some others have said before, I don't usually make use of this grouping functions, maybe because of the low number (10), and if the point of the post made by Chris is to make a more approachable game then I'd say this idea won't help too much bringing new players to the game.

That's only my opinion, maybe in other environments, such as a multiplayer game, as anyone said before, it could be useful.

Regards,

Eric.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Also, I might add, if the Goats implement Headquarters/Heirarchy this idea of grouping like units wouldn't really be needed for new players. They could instead, and with a bit more rationale, select an HQ and attached sub-units. However, since the Goats won't tell us ANYTHING about thier plans in this area, I am not sure how to properly give feedback on this topic -- it may be redundant or complimentary to other new features that are top secret for us mere mortals. :lol:

Regards,
Feltan
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Draken wrote:...I would preffer seen a hiercahy system instead of a grouping system tho :D
That is also a different topic :P
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eric
Sergeant

Post by Eric »

Balthagor wrote:
Draken wrote:...I would preffer seen a hiercahy system instead of a grouping system tho :D
That is also a different topic :P
Sorry if this has been discussed before but I'd like to see that topic open in another thread, because I see this hierarchy idea much more interesting and might attract new players.

I am thinking of the unit selection style in the game "the operational art of war iii", you select a unit and automatically all the units belonging to the same formation are selected aswell. And once this idea is implemented, the next great idea I'd like to see is something similar to the game "conquest of the aegean", where you select the HQ unit, you give him a "move to" order and after a small time needed to propagate those orders to its subordinate units, they start moving by itself, the AI in the game is in charge of finding a path to arrive to the destination point for all the subordinate units, making it very simple the task of giving orders to a lot of units.

Cheers.

;)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Unit Hierarchy is being discussed in another thread here
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Development - 2020”