"Italians" Region

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Yeah, i agree with you on that one light, i think i'll lead the north east to the south of england, an oust the corrupt government of west minster!! :-)
Last edited by ainsworth74 on Apr 03 2007, edited 1 time in total.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
Draken
General
Human: Yes

Post by Draken »

Looks like we all are kind of bored, aren't we? :D

This is what happens when the Goats don't sent private beta invitations on time 8)

:D :D :D
Last edited by Draken on Apr 03 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Ah, well my private beta invitation "got lost" after i accused Chris of being lazy...

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... ight=flags

see last few posts

Oh an yes we do all appear to be very board :-)
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: No imperium

Post by Balthagor »

Venetia wrote:...Please, do not leave us slave...
As I mentioned, we will deal with larger regional areas primarily. We're not trying to change the world, mearly entertain it. I will take a few minutes to inform myself about Veneto, as much because I am curious as anything else, but for now the game stays as is. If I find anything that is worth modeling in the game I will see that it is added, perhaps the situation in Veneto will work itself into the story, who knows. Could be a few weeks before I look into this.

And remember to keep the posts polite, I can tell that this is something you feel strongly about but most ppl are just here to talk about a video game, not so much about politics.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I took a few minutes to look into this and as I had expected we will be using the Italian names for the cities in what is now the Italian region of Venetia. I assume that you were suggesting we use the citie names from prior to the Carbinieri enforced changes of 1866, but that is a little far back to match with our storyline. While it might make an interesting mod post-release, the idea of an independent Venetia won't be part of the Supreme Ruler 2020 storyline. If you would like some help after release making an Independent Venitian State, mayeb as part of a 6-8 player divided Italy instead of the current 4 divisions of the country we are using, I'll be glad to help you. I would expect it to be a 4-8 hour project for you to create on your own.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
konan
Lieutenant

Post by konan »

Well 8O

i understand that from other eys this discussion seems foolish but venetia/lombardia points are true.

i prefer ti limit discussion to WRONG names that i found on actual maps (SR2010).

Venetia and Lombardia this is not a political discussion, pls respect sense of the forum and appreciate how BG "ask" to all of us how to improve this very nice game.

I agree with your ideas but think this isnt the right place to discuss. Maybe we can give suggestion to how create political/interesting true scenario.

x Balthagor

the idea to set up a scenario where a part of country "as in this case italy" want to set up as an autonomus region could improve gameplay and scenario fantasy.
konan
Lombardia
Sergeant

Post by Lombardia »

Lightbringer wrote:Hell mate, The Republic of Texas has been illegally occupied by the Empire of the United States for over 160 years. You don't see me complaining to have them change their maps and such. The truth is, pretty much every town that shows up on a map in this game, at one time or another, was a sovereign nation. If the Goats start changing things around to suit you, they'll spend the next 30 years trying to make every group on Earth happy, and NOT making us a kickbutt game to play.

Be proud of your heritage, I am of mine. This is a wargame, not a historical almanac about ancient peoples and the nations they may or may not have had way back when. Please leave your Ethnic pride at the door when you come in. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to let the Goats get on with making their game.
We were only speaking about a correct divisions of the regions, where is the problem in that. ;)
Ethnic made way of life, way of life made cultura, cultura made Nations.
I think that SR2020 can made a jump from being a good game to a super game.

Another thing, I don't thing that you can compare you nation with ours, we have many many years of story that your nation haven't. ;)
Lombardia
Sergeant

Re: Venet People are already Indipendent but a occupied colo

Post by Lombardia »

Venetia wrote:Dear,

Venet Nation was illegally occupied in the 1866 .
The venet territory go from Bergamo to Udine and Histrra.

We already start our Government in 1999 look at www.repubblica.org/governo/veneto/

We declared the Socvrain Country (State) in 2006 , look at www.statoveneo.net

We are not Italian, no slaves, nor "Padanic". We havve 3500 years of proved history.

Please, correct Your data.

REgards
se de I Veneti?
Lombardia
Sergeant

Post by Lombardia »

konan wrote:Well 8O

i understand that from other eys this discussion seems foolish but venetia/lombardia points are true.

i prefer ti limit discussion to WRONG names that i found on actual maps (SR2010).

Venetia and Lombardia this is not a political discussion, pls respect sense of the forum and appreciate how BG "ask" to all of us how to improve this very nice game.

I agree with your ideas but think this isnt the right place to discuss. Maybe we can give suggestion to how create political/interesting true scenario.

x Balthagor

the idea to set up a scenario where a part of country "as in this case italy" want to set up as an autonomus region could improve gameplay and scenario fantasy.
I don't think that there are problems, we are just talking ;)
If there were no a Lombard-Venetian States, no problem, but is a pleasure to talk about our story ;)
Lombardia
Sergeant

Post by Lombardia »

Balthagor wrote:I took a few minutes to look into this and as I had expected we will be using the Italian names for the cities in what is now the Italian region of Venetia. I assume that you were suggesting we use the citie names from prior to the Carbinieri enforced changes of 1866, but that is a little far back to match with our storyline. While it might make an interesting mod post-release, the idea of an independent Venetia won't be part of the Supreme Ruler 2020 storyline. If you would like some help after release making an Independent Venitian State, mayeb as part of a 6-8 player divided Italy instead of the current 4 divisions of the country we are using, I'll be glad to help you. I would expect it to be a 4-8 hour project for you to create on your own.
4?

North, center, south... and?

Sardynnia or Sicily? ???
Lombardia
Sergeant

Post by Lombardia »

Another thing.

I think that there is a little problem with the name of minister.

Is not very real having a Minister called "John McFarland"(for example) in non english regions.

If you want, I can provide you typical names of all the "italians" regions.

I think that we'll be a very classy thing making typicall names, and it won't be very difficult 8)
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Michael Corleone!

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
el_slapper
Captain

Post by el_slapper »

Lombardia wrote:Another thing.

Is not very real having a Minister called "John McFarland"(for example) in non english regions.

I think that we'll be a very classy thing making typicall names, and it won't be very difficult 8)
problem if you begin like that, is that you'll need to do it everywhere. I can give French & Polish names(well, my wife will for the polish part), but for Zimbabwe or Papua, you'll get tough time finding people with the right knowledge.....
War, about who is right?about who is left!
Lombardia
Sergeant

Post by Lombardia »

Feltan wrote:Michael Corleone!

Regards,
Feltan

:evil:

:lol:
Lombardia
Sergeant

Post by Lombardia »

el_slapper wrote:
Lombardia wrote:Another thing.

problem if you begin like that, is that you'll need to do it everywhere. I can give French & Polish names(well, my wife will for the polish part), but for Zimbabwe or Papua, you'll get tough time finding people with the right knowledge.....
Yes, maybe the big problem in in Africa.

I think to cover Catalunya, Euskadi, Ukraine, Greece, Russia and Balkans too.

But some territories are problematic.

Return to “Development - 2020”