Revolts

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

Revolts

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Hi,

I just came to think of a way to integrate a civil fighting/war feature. There is a victory condition where you have a command unit. most of the wars fought today are internal struggles. So I though, what if rebels could spawn in regions that seek(have agendas) something like independence(eg. Kashmir) or government change, tax max/min limits etc. Then the rebels would have a Command unit that would function as a sort of capital for the rebels and if it is destroyed, then no more rebels can spawn anymore and rebels are without supplies. But if the rebels manage to get hold of eg. a supply depot or a land fabrication, then they could continue their fight.

How does this sound?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Revolts

Post by tkobo »

Too easy to defeat.

I still think it should work off of loyalty.That they should keep spawning as an "independent" faction, regardless of whether or not the region has fallen, til the loyalty reaches a certain high point.Hopefully next game in the series.....
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I use command units in most all my games and they are not that easy to defeat unless you get them trapped so I think they would work pretty well IMO.

I agree with Tkobo, the factions should reflect the loyalties and also throw in the DAR and MAR of the current leadership into the mix somehow. If the leaderships is doing poorly and such and loyalties to certain factions might gain enough strength to allow a "command unit/leader" to spawn followed by units (based on MAR) switching sides or partisans/guerillas spawning in those areas loyal to that faction.
Hopefully next game in the series.....
Ditto
catatonic
General
Human: Yes

Post by catatonic »

Hundane wrote:I use command units in most all my games and they are not that easy to defeat unless you get them trapped so I think they would work pretty well IMO.

I agree with Tkobo, the factions should reflect the loyalties and also throw in the DAR and MAR of the current leadership into the mix somehow. If the leaderships is doing poorly and such and loyalties to certain factions might gain enough strength to allow a "command unit/leader" to spawn followed by units (based on MAR) switching sides or partisans/guerillas spawning in those areas loyal to that faction.
Hopefully next game in the series.....
Ditto
I have reviewed the specs for the Command unit - they are pretty tough units.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

You could probably add a command unit specialized for rebel operations that has higher defense values and some basic attack values.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

It would still be a single unit spawned in unfriendly territory.Far too easy to take out.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Development - 2020”