Update 7

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tonystowe
Colonel

Re: Update 7

Post by tonystowe »

I agree with all of you that BG has really stepped up the AI game by allowing it to utilize its submarine forces. This single change has caused me to re-think my strategy in several areas.

Now, lets see if Cuba can withstand inevitable amphib invasion.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Cuba has almost survived its first year without the looming US invasion coming to fruition. Luckily for Cuba it has suppport from Iran, Russia, Libya, China, and a few others. Syria and Libya sold me some much needed, albeit old, equipment while Iran supported me with money infusions. China and Russia remain my largest technology/military equipment resources. Khazakstan, Uzbekistan, and a few others continue to purchase tech's from me and that is helping me stay afloat as well.

I took a chance inserting spies into the Florida keys and so far they have stayed on station for 30 days without being captured. Militarily, the US continues to pound me with its surface naval ships and airstrikes; however, its airstrikes are becoming less frequent as my air defense sites come on board. Of course, the US missile strikes have increased a little.

I am surprised at the loss/kill ratio that I have managed thus far. I have lost 30 units, mostly naval ships while killing a mixture of 21x US naval and aircraft units.

The initial naval strikes hit the northwest and north central areas of the island and was the location of the US sub-packs that I found. In the last 30 days, it is september 2020, the US has sent many surface ships to the southeast tip of the island and I continue to fight them off. Two interesting points need to be made. First, I observed a US LHD leaveing Cuban waters at the southeast tip of the island heading through the Bahamas towards the US east coast. Second, I flew my ASW acft (thanks USSR) around the southeast tip and found 2x SSBN-726, 3x SSN-773, and one SSN-21. While none of them had missiles onboard it is obvious that the AI is utilizing the subs to protect its surface fleet. I have also seen a huge air response from the US to protect its ships as I attacked them with aircraft - at the southeast tip of Cuba...
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Im noticing that the US doesnt seem to go bankrupt as fast or easily so far in my test games but I havent been too getting up there in game years either. Does this seem to be the norm for everyone ?
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Yeah, even Israel can keep their head above water for a lot longer than before.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I "think" the diplo status of Canada and the US changed a bit in the last patch.I noticed there was no war between cananda and the US in my 2 test games.If thats correct, it might explain some of the way the US appears to stay solvent longer even when at war with mexico and cuba.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Seems that AI still likes to build lots of engineers even though they have been 'nerfed' and their build time significantly prolonged (more like doubled). This makes them a bad idea to build in large quantities and still I see them being built all the time by lots of AI regions even though they have designs for other infantry units. Since AI doesn't use engineers to speed up facility constructions, it should have much lower priority in building them so it can build other infantry type of units. Apparently, AI in Ruges mod doesn't have such problems.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Hmmm, i would have said the opposite.I think ive seen a reduction in the amount of engineers on the map.
Chuckle TM
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Only reason you could see reduction is due to the fact it takes them longer to build.

This is an example of Texas strike force:

As you can see ONLY infantry units Texas is using are engineers. Playing Florida in my current game I nearly took entire US and Canada and vast majority of infantry units I met were engineers.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Id say its likely regional now.
For instance

Probably over 200 units in this pic, i only found 4 engineers.A superstack looked like this,with not a single engineer in the stack.
And france had at least 5 different types of mech infantry deployed.
Chuckle TM
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Yes, I've seen France and Germany deploy other infantry units. Germany had M-2's and Kamel A1's. Thing is, those inf units in France and Germany are actually of high quality so I guess only regions that have them will produce them. Others will spam engineers instead (spam is relative here because of long build times). I noticed that in US, only states that had M2A4 Bradleys actually used them instead of engineers (only few of those). Others simply used engineers. My point is, I guess, that AI values engineers too highly and likes to build them over most other infantry units. Actually, it would be far better for AI to use light infantry or other infantries (I've never seen AI build M2A3 Bradleys or weaker) instead of going so much for engineers. Indeed, problem seems regional though and mostly depends on what inf designs region has. I've also noticed that in my game Texas didn't have M2A4 Bradley or any other better infantry design so I guess that partially explains it's usage of engineers. It does have other weaker then M2A4's designs though and it should be using those instead since they are much faster to produce and repair and still effective enough in close combat.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

I have mixed feelings about Update 7, fixed some map errata and added new units, most unit errata was not fixed and some of the new units have incorrect stats. Many of the new units also have incorrect names and now all of you still can't use the Dutch Johan de Witt class, it has the wrong movement type "7".
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Really? You're critical of the updated because of equipment list inaccuracies? A list that can never be fully accurate anyway because of conflicting data on a bunch of stuff out there?

I tend to focus on the bigger stuff we've achieved. And I've search out the errata you posted and have made the changes now. They probably got missed because they where not in the proper thread. If you find anything else please post it and be specific, we'll see if we can get the fixes in.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

are there any additional development for 2020 planned
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

minor fixes in at least some updated data files. Maybe a small "update 8" but not much.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

I love your guys level of commitment. I don't know of many companies (if any) that still create updates and try new things even after the series has gone gold.

Return to “Development - 2020”