Update 7

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tonystowe
Colonel

Update 7

Post by tonystowe »

I am playing as Cuba to see the new changes and I was VERY PLEASED to see the AI utilizing its submarines. By the end of JAN 2020 the USA DoW against me and I prepared for the inevitable enmass amphibious landing on my northern shores. Feb and Mar passed with no landing, but number of surface ship attacks and control of Cuban waters was constant. A few missile attacks matches by fixed-wing sorties was the brunt of their initial push. It is now April 2020 and I finally decided to look around the island for sub activity and sure enough I found a stack of 4x SSN's sitting at the typical landing site for any amphib landing. When my ASW helo began attacking the subs it was engaged by two US DDG's that moved to counter the threat. US surface and sub forces pretty much put my entire navy at the bottom within hours after the DoW.

Great work BG...
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Update 7

Post by Ruges »

And when the Amphib assualt does come. (I have seen it take up to 2 years). your only hope will be to sink the ships before they land the hundreds of troops that will be coming your way.
LebaneseLion
Major
Human: Yes

Post by LebaneseLion »

Agreed theres more action now a lot more
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

I know its coming so I have allied with the regions commonly associated with Cuba: Russia, China, Iran, etc. and I have been making as many tech and military unit deals to see if I can thwart their plans. I know survival is impossible, but the challenge is going to be awesome. I have just traded for anti-ship missile technology and missile designs parallel to building missile fab facilities. I also built two AD sites to hopefully counter some of their airforces and I hope to have in place some submarines with anti-ship missiles along the east coast snuggled in the bahamas waiting on the transport ships.

I have tried to encourage military trades but so far on three regions have come up with deals. To my surprise, Israel, who has horrible relations with Cuba gave me one F-16 for a little money and then Libya (another ally) practically gave me some AS missiles. Another region, Khazakstan I believe, gave me a couple of billion dollars.

At any rate, the US is doing a fine job thus far with its harassing operations using its surface ships and a few air sorties. More when it happens...

Tony
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I tried the same thing with U7. I had to quickly abandon my house rules of no tech or unit design trades or else Cuba would not stand a chance since I was Dow'd in ealry January. I did manage to fend of thier 1st amphibious assualt. What I did was to buy the long range Chinese Arty design, set a few radar sites, and AD sites. This kept thier ships away for the most part ( they would get damaged and retreat) and the aircraft after the AD sites were built. They finally sent a dozen or so amphibous ships loaded with Bradleys and stuffs and landed but with the AD sites keeping thier air supply out, I managed to keep them from taking any city. I took heavy losses though and if another load of that size comes back soon , it wont be pretty for Cuba. I invested all build time in those LR arty. I only got a few trades for other units and most of them were for junk stuffs.

Oh btw that landing wasnt until October and I did manage to sink a few ships in the summer months in Northwest side of Cuba loaded with some units, not sure if they were attempting an invasion there since they came in singles and only had a few units each.

BUT IT WAS FUN....even if I did have to cheat on my own rules.....
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

I have just been playing my first game with the new update as the UK and the US DOW on Cuba in Jan. I was watching the US harass Cuba with its navy and air force for about 8 months. The AI tried a few transports for about 2 months but not too effective at first, then lots of transports came on two parts of the island and overran Cuban forces all at once it was amazing. It took the AI about another 2-3 months once landed to wipe them out (it would have been quicker but i think supply slowed them down), it was great to watch and i think its the first time that i have ever seen the AI take Cuba in fact any island nation.
Amashi
Warrant Officer

Post by Amashi »

What Update 7???? is there a new update from 6.62? WTF?! where is it? i want to download ASAP!
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Amashi wrote:What Update 7???? is there a new update from 6.62? WTF?! where is it? i want to download ASAP!
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 43&t=16682
Amashi
Warrant Officer

Post by Amashi »

Ragu wrote:
Amashi wrote:What Update 7???? is there a new update from 6.62? WTF?! where is it? i want to download ASAP!
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 43&t=16682

Thanks! Why not posting it on the BG website? this is an outrage of unprecedented eventuality, they should be ashamed!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

George Geczy wrote:This is not your 'typical' type of update. We've made some changes that unbalance some other features, and we've tossed in a few things in the 'experimental' department. Because of this, Update 7 will not be an "automatic" update that happens during installation or the 'Check for Updates' process. Instead, you will have to manually download it from a download link.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

@ Hundane:

I have followed a similar path with purchases from Russia and China to bolster my pitiful forces. The LR artillery was my first purchase along with a few AD units but I also purchased a mortar unit from Russia that is doing a good job with the ships inside Cuban waters.

The AD sites are now in place and two radar sites are being built now. I have placed a spy in the Bahamas to at least watch the US a little further north.

I have had to trade techs with a few regions to have enough money for the trades as well as close unnecessary bases to ensure that I have enough reserve force for the units.

Overall, I am liking this enormous threat...
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

I have been clearing the coastal waters of China. My tactic so far has been to load up a stack of SSBN's with anti ship missles. and use a recon plane to scout out ahead of them, then luanch the missles. Now the scout plane I am using is better for long range scounting (IE surface ships), but sucks for spoting subs. Infact I started the war before I had a good anti-sub unit. My plan was to clear all surface ships. and I figured by the time I got that complete, my surface anti air units along with my carrier's which would have my anti-ship planes on board.

So far I had ran several patrols with my subs clearing a few dozen units. they had run into sub packs 3 times, took some looses but I was watching them when it happend it was able to keep them out of too much trouble. After ordering them back to the Phillipenes to rearm I went off to check on anouther front. about the time I figured they would be getting back and ready to go out again I select the battle group only to find 1 sub left. hmmmf I went to go see where it was at. Aparantly China had sent a sub pack down to the philipenes waters and when my subs had returned to rearm they got killed. Blasted AI using its subs.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Ruges wrote: Aparantly China had sent a sub pack down to the philipenes waters and when my subs had returned to rearm they got killed. Blasted AI using its subs.
hehhehehheheheheh
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

After killing around 500 chinease units. Most of which where the ground and air units assualting Japan, plus the navl units I had destroyed. Vietnam declared war on China, along with a few others asian and middle eastern countries. Although Vietnam has been making the most headway into china claiming about 800,000km in a few days. Which has put me into a rush to hurry up and get my units onto the scene so I may claim some territory too. I am still about 2-4 weeks out from being able to land a force. put I was preping a spot to land when Indonesia decides to land its troops where I had planed on landing. Those bastards.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Playing as Germany, I was at war with, Russia, Norway, Sweden in the north, Slovakia, Hungary, Albania, Greece, Bulgaria and Romainia in the south/south east.

All countries from the southern area's sent wave after wave of units though neighbouring territories to attack me. I had my attention elsewhere, and I was deep into the Netherlands, Belgium, and had just annexed Luxembourg. So I had to do some quick thinking to push them back after an initial success in pushing into German lands.
Thank god I let my minister control garrisson troops. :)

Was epic fun!

On the sub thing. The other day was the first time ever, Ive built the converted Carrier to load up anti-sub aircraft, and actively partol the Skaggerak area for Russian Subs. Having to actively take anti-sub patrols is a nice feature.
Although I wonder why most anti-sub aircraft cannot spot them. Kinda seems to defeat the object concidering it IS a recon plane anyways. Surely it should have some even if limited precision spotting range?

Anyhoo. What I found fun but a little annoying was relesing a carrier from Kiel to make a anti-sub battle group, only to find 3 swedish subs sat right outside the sea pier, and insta popped my carrier. w00ty!
Now all carrier construction is done in Germanys inland river systems, and has the mouth to the ocean blockaded by my naval forces. :lol:

Im finding a battlegroup mix of the Elizabeth carrier from the uk with 3 squardons of intercepter aircraft aboard. A second but smaller carrier group for anti-sub patrols and a third carrier group containing the Necron UAV strategic bomber. Makes a nice mix of offence and defensive roles for a single area.

Sub warefare is fun and very unexpected. Nice one!

Return to “Development - 2020”