BGForums

BattleGoat Studios
It is currently Nov 18 2017

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
 Post subject: Re: Update 7
PostPosted: Jul 13 2010 
General

Quote:
minor fixes in at least some updated data files. Maybe a small "update 8" but not much.

Not sure if those files include the stats for various units in the game,but I wish you would take your time on that. Especially if those same files will be used in any future titles.

For instance, some regions start out with missiles that they cant even load up because they dont have a big enough launcher. Russia is one, has some size 18 sub launched missiles.

Some regions can only develop and build missiles that are too big for the launchers that they can fabricate or even research in the future.

Just doesnt make sense for a region to spend research money on a missile weapon system without a suitable launch platorm to use it from or at least having the ability to research/develop a suitable launcher at the same tech level.

Brigadier Gen.

On that same scale, we need more Generic/Unique imaginary units so countries that lack their own still can have an army that is able to actually do something

Most of the African countries come to mind here

Supreme Ruler

Human: Yes
BigWolf wrote:
On that same scale, we need more Generic/Unique imaginary units so countries that lack their own still can have an army that is able to actually do something

Unlikely at this stage. Discussed at length in other threads.

Brigadier Gen.

Balthagor wrote:
BigWolf wrote:

Unlikely at this stage. Discussed at length in other threads.

Oh I realize this, which is why the modding guys are ideal for this situation

Brigadier Gen.

well a competition or something for the modding guys and perhaps their unit designs etc could be incorparated into next update

Supreme Ruler

Most of the modded stuff gets added already. The problem is that even adding modded stuff takes time to do basic QA on it for release and most of our time is on other things.

General

Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping
I am sure if moders acauly made new unit designs (acual models of the units not just stats). then BG would probly add them in with there own stats. But not many are making there own models, and are just making there own stats and using BG's model's. I have added over 1,000 units now, and have not made one new unit model, instead just using BG's models.

Brigadier Gen.

Balthagor wrote:
most of our time is on other things.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Care to elaborate? :wink:

Supreme Ruler

spreadsheets, databases and design documents.

:P

PostPosted: Aug 04 2010 
Brigadier Gen.

Balthagor wrote:
Really? You're critical of the updated because of equipment list inaccuracies? A list that can never be fully accurate anyway because of conflicting data on a bunch of stuff out there?

I tend to focus on the bigger stuff we've achieved. And I've search out the errata you posted and have made the changes now. They probably got missed because they where not in the proper thread. If you find anything else please post it and be specific, we'll see if we can get the fixes in.

Sorry Chris, I only had a couple of hours to update and review the new Udate before geting on a plane and going south to the Gulf of M, you know that little problem down there? I, think that many of the improvments are Great!!! But with any Updare there will be teething problems. Don't worry I'll post my findings on the appropiate threads!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3