garrisons now seem to prevent partisans from auto-capturing

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

garrisons now seem to prevent partisans from auto-capturing

Post by tkobo »

cities.BUT partisans are now stronger than garrisons.A single partisan unit will defeat a single garrison unit.They need to be more equal.If anything the majority of these fights should go to the garrison,with it being a nail biter.

Now IF you lowered the garrison stats in this last patch,you should have also lowered the partisan stats.Right now the parts have a 6 point offensive advantage, and its pretty telling.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: garrisons now seem to prevent partisans from auto-captur

Post by Ruges »

In my mod garrisons are even weaker then the U7's version. One thing I found interesting, was in China where china had captured allot of India's territory. China's support was fairly low and so garrisons in india where poping up. (at one time there was probly 20 or so cities in combat with partisons). To me this was acualy a pretty cool event. And I would emagine the same sort of thing happening when a player tries such a thing. They represent insurgents to me. So I liked the way it was turning out.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Theres a ton of reason why i disagree with this.But ill settle at this time for the one that pretty much tells it all .

*Randomly spawning units should NOT have more impact than purposely build and fielded units.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Guerrillas are also now far more powerful than garrisons.Fortunately,they run out of supplies and retreat before they can win the hex.
Chuckle TM
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I just noticed this thread, so here's a couple of comments on why I didn't weaken the Partisans or Guerrillas...

Before Garrison units were added as a city-based feature, players left most of their cities undefended, and so Partisans would automatically capture the city, and then you'd have to take action to recapture it... usually a more difficult process.

Now, even if Partisans have the advantage against a single Garrison, they don't capture as soon as they appear, and so you have time to react to the warning email and get some support (ie air support) on the scene.

And if you're worried about Partisan losses of major objectives, then put two Garrisons there.

So overall I think it keeps the balance in check.

-- George.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

NO cruller for you ! .....Back of line !

I still disagree, but its more a peeve than an issue /shrug
Chuckle TM

Return to “Development - 2020”