Your about to announce the next title,this might be the last

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SirGuy
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Your about to announce the next title,this might be the

Post by SirGuy »

add some real-life international terrorist groups. also some rebels from different country. A new strategy that an AI or a player could use would be to fund/support the rebels of an enemy country. It brings the enemy country down slowly without using brute and obvious invasion.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

SirGuy wrote:add some real-life international terrorist groups.
I don't think thats a good idea. Giving added exposure to real life terror groups is not something I would want to see in game. Infact that would put me off buying the game.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Giving added exposure to real life terror groups is not something I would want to see in game
I suppose we could go with SPECTRE, KAOS, THRUSH, and Dr Evil...
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Giving added exposure to real life terror groups is not something I would want to see in game.
I would agree, I would like to see the game offer the terror groups and rebels as way to increase tensions, instabilities etc..

But do give them a name change. No need to promote them.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

George Geczy wrote:
Giving added exposure to real life terror groups is not something I would want to see in game
I suppose we could go with SPECTRE, KAOS, THRUSH, and Dr Evil...
Maybe, but then what about their "causes" ....If you just change the name and yet put in the "causes" these loons murder for,your still promoting them.And if you change the causes also... than whats left that your trying to present ?

And what about the more common criminal loons.You know, the ones who murder for drugs,money, or the shoes the other person was wearing ?They kill more, far more, per day than the terrorist loons.

Organized crimes groups, serial rapists,etc...Theres plenty of scum that can be added , and they'll be at least some small group somewhere who'll say "cool , now some faction i like is in the game" and support your adding it.But what will you give support to by adding them ......and what would it actually bring to the game ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Maybe, but then what about their "causes" ....
Wouldnt even need thier causes. They dont need to be named at all. In fact the game already has it there, it just doesnt use it. But if it did use it , it could take it step further.

Take the current spy system. Create a new facility like a Intel Academy and call it a Terrorist Training Camp, throw in some severe negative relations modifiers if its discovered in your region (if thats possible), have it produce the 3 terrorsists that perform the same 3 missons that the spies do except throw in different modifiers for the successes and the failures and the relation hits. They die each time too..succesful or not.
than whats left that your trying to present ?
I just want a terrorist training camp with terrorists that I can go bomb the crap out of :D

Return to “Development - 2020”