Your about to announce the next title,this might be the last

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Your about to announce the next title,this might be the last

Post by tkobo »

update for sr2020...(about is used very relatively).

Any plans to throw some very extreme options into the update ?
Kind of a "last chuck" to see what happens when ------( insert feature there)

Something like :
*optional rush attack feature- all AI controlled ground and air units (except those protecting capitals and bases) charge at enemy capital when war is declared
*optional nuclear war feature - all AI regions with nukes launch them at enemy (perhaps just cities and bases) when war is declared
etc..
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Your about to announce the next title,this might be the

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

A new update on way?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

They've mentioned it a few times, and even a few things planned to be included in it.And a few of us have been poking and prodding with posts like this to try and get more info...
Chuckle TM
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Another for a prod. It's really not been talked about much.
OmegaWolf57
Corporal
Human: Yes

Post by OmegaWolf57 »

Suggest new features? Well, okay!

How about the ability to refit and upgrade obsolete units to the next version; being able to weld those towed units to trucks would make for an interesting game. Or how about this: design your own units, from base parts and features unlocked and improved by technology, rather than an unchangable set unit design. And, since somebody has to say it, how about a mobile military complex, like the kind inquired into by the United States Navy? Crazy, yes, but serious, who here WOULDN'T want one or ten for their digital nation state?
AEWHistory
Lieutenant

Post by AEWHistory »

I'll second the suggestion for updating/upgrading older units that have experience. It is a shame to build up really good units and then see them melt away to obsolescence when it is the machinery, not the people, that is obsolete (OTOH, I know some obsolete people). If there is any interest I could share some ideas on how this could be accomplished.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I suggest they do something that will have been useful to have done when considering the next title. That's a weak response I know but I'm not planning on playing the game for the next patch anyway. All that said I guess AI improvements, the next game will need a solid AI as much as this and it adds so much to the game.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

But what I don't understand is why a new update?
Happy Linux user!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:But what I don't understand is why a new update?
Because we're still using the SR2020 engine to experiment with some things. Where we are successful with some experiments that create new features we might as well share the success. Also, we keep making corrections to the maps based on user feedback. Those corrections are in many data files so new caches are needed to share the fixes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Balthagor wrote:
Because we're still using the SR2020 engine to experiment with some things. Where we are successful with some experiments that create new features we might as well share the success.
That implies a "new" engine for the next product...
Chuckle TM
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Balthagor wrote:
Because we're still using the SR2020 engine to experiment with some things. Where we are successful with some experiments that create new features we might as well share the success. Also, we keep making corrections to the maps based on user feedback. Those corrections are in many data files so new caches are needed to share the fixes.
Ain't it costly sharing the succses, I would rather see a new title than see BG go bankrupt because they share much. Don't get me wrong, I could not be more happy about a new update, I'm just worded.
Happy Linux user!
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
Balthagor wrote:
Ain't it costly sharing the succses, I would rather see a new title than see BG go bankrupt because they share much. Don't get me wrong, I could not be more happy about a new update, I'm just worded.
Great to hear of a patch and next project- although too tight lipped about it ***damn-it!

Seeing what other small and even large developer are doing I think long term success may have more to do with an adaptive, evolving business model, and of course good games with good support..
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

[/quote]Seeing what other small and even large developer are doing I think long term success may have more to do with an adaptive, evolving business model, and of course good games with good support..[/quote]

I agree :-)
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

At BattleGoat this is also launching our "May is Supreme Ruler Month" plans... watch for announcements on some new free content (bonus scenarios and mods), as well as a game engine update with some new features and gameplay improvements.
Chuckle TM
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

tkobo wrote:
At BattleGoat this is also launching our "May is Supreme Ruler Month" plans... watch for announcements on some new free content (bonus scenarios and mods), as well as a game engine update with some new features and gameplay improvements.
Yeah, I saw that. Great news,but still not even a hint of any substantial news.

Return to “Development - 2020”