Hardcode sugestions

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Hardcode sugestions

Post by tkobo »

That sounds good.
By the way, i didnt say the part id give is "MY" body part ,just "A" body part..... :P
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

I acualy just watched SK load up 2 transports, then order them south to land in China. At the same time they ordered a sub, Frig, and patrol boat to the same location. Of course China had a cruiser with ASM's patroling the area which it then promtly blew up the two transports, but then SK's sub blew up the chiniease cruiser.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Yes, under normal situations an amphib assault will include support ships (destroyers, etc). Though there will be situations where either they will be unavailable or poorly co-ordinated.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Check your PM's George. I sent you a new AIREQ code.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Ah yes, PM's - I forgot to check those :)

For the benefit of everyone, here's a few notes in the light of Update 7:

- Update 7 expands the AI response radius - this means that it will be more common for the AI to pull idle units from rear lines or farther away.

- Update 7 will also include a revised AIPARAMS file (yea subs finally attack), but I haven't entirely drank the kool-aid for two of Ruges changes. First, the AI will still issue some garrison orders for mobile units; during peace-time this seems to serve a benefit of moving units around a bit. And I'm not convinced about eliminating the "defense" AIREQ. This may be useful to examine in light of the other Update 7 AI changes.

- There is a suggestion to add a "SEA ASSISTANCE" AIREQ, which is actually a very good idea, but not easy to add ad this stage. It's something I'll need to look at in the future.

-- George.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

George, will the AI be conducting airborne assaults? I've never seen it do one.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Anouther ruleset that should be done. if units are siting at the docks to perform an amphib assult, no more should be called over until all the ones sitting there have loaded and either done or failed there thing. This will prevent hundreds of units getting tied up in an ampib assualt that will not happen becouse they dont have the transports to perform the action.

Return to “Development - 2020”