Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Vuk-Wolf
Colonel
Posts: 425
Joined: Aug 07 2009
Human: Yes
Location: Serbia

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

Yeah and aliens too :D
Maybe it could be like WW3 happend and aliens took a chance and invaded earth :D :D :D
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
User avatar
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Posts: 11833
Joined: Jun 04 2002
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by tkobo »

Now i dont know if your joking or not,but thats pretty much along the line.Youve conquered earth, but now thru some event you find that earths not that big, or alone.And the challenge of conquer the earth becomes the challenge of conquering whats beyond it.

Like kind of a Empire of the Fading Suns ,in which planets can be fought for on the actual planets withlarge amounts of real ground troops that have to commanded, maneuvered, and engaged.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel
Posts: 425
Joined: Aug 07 2009
Human: Yes
Location: Serbia

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

Im not thats just an idea
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
User avatar
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Posts: 11833
Joined: Jun 04 2002
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by tkobo »

odd double post
Last edited by tkobo on Aug 24 2009, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ruges
General
Posts: 3408
Joined: Aug 22 2008
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping
Contact:

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by Ruges »

tkobo wrote:Now i dont know if your joking or not,but thats pretty much along the line.Youve conquered earth, but now thru some event you find that earths not that big, or alone.And the challenge of conquer the earth becomes the challenge of conquering whats beyond it.

Like kind of a Empire of the Fading Suns ,in which planets can be fought for on the actual planets withlarge amounts of real ground troops that have to commanded, maneuvered, and engaged.
Ohh so you mean the last few levels of spore? (although I have never played the game, Yea I know me not play a game...)
User avatar
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Posts: 11833
Joined: Jun 04 2002
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by tkobo »

Kinda, but ill stick with my EFS example, as spore really was incredibly shallow.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
User avatar
George Geczy
General
Posts: 2649
Joined: Jun 04 2002
Location: BattleGoat Studios
Contact:

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by George Geczy »

Hey, maybe Galactic Ruler ? Sounds so familiar (queue up the fuzzy-flashback fade and harp music....)
http://web.archive.org/web/200105180657 ... efault.htm

Apparently we expected to release that in 2003 :lol:

However, an interesting thing happened on the way to taking over the galaxy... two very strong titles stole a lot of my ideas ( :wink: ), namely GalCiv and Sins of a Solar Empire, combined with the fact that there's still a lot of things in the Supreme Ruler game engine that we can still develop and expand upon, and of course these things take longer than we thought at first (SR2010 to be released in "late 2001" - what where we drinking? :D )

There are still a lot of ideas for a 'Galactic' level that haven't been fully pursued by others, but Stardock has certainly set the bar high.

-- George.
User avatar
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Posts: 11833
Joined: Jun 04 2002
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by tkobo »

But none of them have any meaningful ground combat for taking over planets,except EFS,and its still weak compared to sr.In addition ,none of them are stepping stones.They are simply 4xs.

You could do it as not only a stand alone game,but as a stepping stone off of the sr game.

Spore was a stepping stone game all in one, but sooooooo incredibly shallow .

Paradox tied a few of their games together,so that when you finish one, you can then start from that point in the next.This is a simply brillaint idea, and done right would be very fun.
Sadly Paradox didnt do it right yet, as the scale of the playing field doesnt change enough in the steps for them,so win one youve pretty much won all.

BUT the scale change from single world to universe is vast enough to make it work.AND it would have a very important feature push/requirement that would help the SR series,the ability to run different regions (in this case worlds) seperately with different player picked settings to how each is run.Something thats been asked for in the sr series since the very beginning.Not to mention new layers for combat that would include near and far space-think satellites for the standard sr series ,and that plus space ships for the next step.

Now im not saying this should be your next step,but it really is a logical step for the near future.And keep in mind, Paradox doesnt have a good 4x in their stable yet.That opportunity will go to another sooner or later.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel
Posts: 425
Joined: Aug 07 2009
Human: Yes
Location: Serbia

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

Yeah got GalCiv with all addons and Solar and they are great! :-)
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
Ultimate_Waffle
Lieutenant
Posts: 99
Joined: Jun 23 2009
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by Ultimate_Waffle »

It would be great if I could rename my country. Example: The United States of America is a realistic name from the start. However, I'd like to rename it to North America when I've taken over all of North and Central America. I'd like to rename it to just "America" when I've taken over all of North and South America, along with the islands around it. It's not just America anymore when I take land from across the ocean, so I'd like to rename it something else. What if I'm a European country, such as France? If I take over Europe as France, I want to be called Europe from then on.
coba
Warrant Officer
Posts: 36
Joined: Aug 04 2008

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by coba »

Well adding an option of focusing the game as a pure military strategy might be a good idea. I enjoy playing game like C&C general where you only deal with building unit + simple money/power gathering.
User avatar
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.
Posts: 827
Joined: Feb 27 2009
Location: Egypt,The arab world

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by sa_3_d911 »

coba wrote:Well adding an option of focusing the game as a pure military strategy might be a good idea. I enjoy playing game like C&C general where you only deal with building unit + simple money/power gathering.
i disagree 1000% you can find 100's of games that focuses on nothing more but military

aspects & a very minor economic model i think that the next idea should be simply much

better economic & political model i would like to get to face more international interactions

also i would like to have more internal economic model maybe lower & upper houses,laws ...etc

also i would love to see more intelligence importance basically i think every aspect of this

game but for the military model needs some more work if they are doing next game in serious
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel


MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
User avatar
Darkreaper
Lieutenant
Posts: 63
Joined: Mar 01 2009
Location: Port Hardy, BC
Contact:

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by Darkreaper »

i concur with Sa_3 if you like playing games like C&C, go play C&C
Image
coba
Warrant Officer
Posts: 36
Joined: Aug 04 2008

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by coba »

Darkreaper wrote:i concur with Sa_3 if you like playing games like C&C, go play C&C
Well C&C and most other military games do not have extensive units plus most of them uses futuristic models. That's the reason why I play SR. However, not everyone likes to play this game be cause of the complication in dealing with the detail of economy/politics. I know that you can trust AI ministers to deal with it, but they are not that reliable. Arrangin all the aspects of the game can be time consuming.

Don't get me wrong, I don't suggest the developer to eliminate the economy & political aspects (in fact, I like playing diplomacy). It's just that adding an option (or better yet, some sort of option level on the detail pertaining certain aspect of the game) whether you want to include them or not in the game will make SR become more attractive to other potential customers.
User avatar
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.
Posts: 827
Joined: Feb 27 2009
Location: Egypt,The arab world

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030? Ideas for next game in the series

Post by sa_3_d911 »

coba wrote:
Darkreaper wrote:i concur with Sa_3 if you like playing games like C&C, go play C&C
Well C&C and most other military games do not have extensive units plus most of them uses futuristic models. That's the reason why I play SR. However, not everyone likes to play this game be cause of the complication in dealing with the detail of economy/politics. I know that you can trust AI ministers to deal with it, but they are not that reliable. Arrangin all the aspects of the game can be time consuming.

Don't get me wrong, I don't suggest the developer to eliminate the economy & political aspects (in fact, I like playing diplomacy). It's just that adding an option (or better yet, some sort of option level on the detail pertaining certain aspect of the game) whether you want to include them or not in the game will make SR become more attractive to other potential customers.
well i wouldn't mind some options for the complexity level of economic,diplomatic model but i think the current level of complexity is very low to say the least
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel


MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
Locked

Return to “Development - 2020”