next game roll call.

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

sirveri
Colonel

next game roll call.

Post by sirveri »

I say they should do a space empire 4x. Take a big step back from SR and geo political/military sims, go another direction, maybe they'll learn some new stuff, some new directions, some better ways to do things. What does everyone else say, another SR clone, or something else! Voice your opinions here before they go official on their next project.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
Hundane
General

Re: next game roll call.

Post by Hundane »

I could go for a good space exploration/conquer the galaxy type game. I would like to see alot the SR features included like researching techs, the diplomacy and the production and also would like to see a game where you could develop new units by designing them yourself to meet your needs and using the tech advances you have researched or discovered while exploring.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Why should they venture away from somthing that they are good at? Look at GL with SP. They wanted to try to make somthing entirly different (The inlaws). And while I have not really followed the progress of thier new games I am going to assume that it failed. As for going into space, there are quite a few players in that market. Sins of a solar empire have a pretty good platform for the RTS side of the game. Only way I would even sugest that BG go into space, would be if they think they could top sins, And while I have allot of faith in BG, I dont see them as toping somthing like that.

So in thier best interest's why jump fields where they are not going tobe the top dog. Why not stay in the field where they are top dog, and build off what they can currently do good.
nghtmre15
Major

Post by nghtmre15 »

The space empire 4x market is not only saturated, but currently dominated by Galactic Civilizations II and Sins of a Solar Empire. There's absolutely no reason for a small developer like BG to try to enter that market with their current business model. I'd assume they wouldn't bother with something like that until after they've made their WWII game, anyway.
In a world without sound, dancing... falling... I was snow.
powercell
Colonel

Post by powercell »

I'm OK with the current timeline of SR2010/2020. Just want more features and much improvement on the current feature set. In the next title, I certainly want more in depth diplomacy, better/more organized way of controlling/organizing the military. More AI veriety in the way AI think, act and react.

Edit: some expansion on moddability would be great.
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

I just want something completly differant from SR. I think it would expand their skill sets and push them to think outside the box.

Plus it would mean a new engine instead of an overhauled engine like 2020 was.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
jscott991
Lt. Colonel

Post by jscott991 »

There are plenty of space games and WWII games. Why would anyone want another one?

The collapse of MOO3 means that GalCiv is about as complicated as you're going to get and be able to sell anything, so there is nothing new to be done there.

WWII is just incredibly boring.
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

Medieval? Supreme King 1066?
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
nghtmre15
Major

Post by nghtmre15 »

I'm still waiting on Supreme Ruler 1950, personally.
Cutlass
Major

Post by Cutlass »

As long as we are asking for pie in the sky anyway ...

I want to play on a spherical world, not a cylindrical one! :-) Now that would be something that I haven't seen a game offer before.
Proud member of the Spherical World Association. An organization dedicated to encouraging game designers to create state of the art strategy games in which the actual shape of the world is used.
nghtmre15
Major

Post by nghtmre15 »

Cutlass wrote:As long as we are asking for pie in the sky anyway ...

I want to play on a spherical world, not a cylindrical one! :-) Now that would be something that I haven't seen a game offer before.
SuperPower 2, Civilization 4 (kind of)
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

Yes civilization 4 does have that.

Cutlass wrote:As long as we are asking for pie in the sky anyway ...

Sure if you want the next game to come out in 10+ years. Go ahead and wish. Can you think off anymore pie flavors? :wink: *sarcasm dosn't work well on the internet.*
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
The.Delegate
Sergeant

Post by The.Delegate »

A game set in the age of imperialism post-Napoleon would be nice. Kinda like Victoria I guess. It's not like the 1800's were boring after all...
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte
TM (Ghost)
Captain

Post by TM (Ghost) »

A bunny racing game!!!!!! :lol:
blad3mastr
Corporal

Post by blad3mastr »

i dont believe that the space market is saturated at all. because moo3 sucked there is a space left for complex games that people are a little scared to fill. personally, i would love to see the economics of SR mixed with a space game. btw, stardock was a small-time game developer when they released galciv2, so BG shouldnt count themselves out because of that.

Return to “Development - 2020”