Systems I would like to see in future updates and releases.

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

HalakBalakBalak
Captain

Systems I would like to see in future updates and releases.

Post by HalakBalakBalak »

Here is just a quick list of models I would like to see in the future.

-Population age model: Limits the recruitment ability.
-Draft ability: It is pretty bad when you run out of reserves as China.
-Ability to capitalize government systems: Health care cost cut, but the bonuses gained from it are slightly less, and different.
-Country statistics: Accurate population graphing, as well as models for Age across regions, land value, production, population GDP/c.
-Endorsement systems: Government choosing to back a religion, etc.
-Bill enactment: These bills would have an effect on world approval. You legalize cannabis, it has effects. You invest in technology industry subsides, it advances the industry some.

Here is the one major change I would LOVE to see.

A shift away from our hex building, slow paced economy.

What I want to see is an economic system based on investment and planning.

Obviously we have land that is developed and undeveloped, we can take that one step further.

Each hex will be classed as developed by a percentage. 0-100, it will also receive a rating, that determines how many things can be placed there, and the cost to place them. After a hex is chosen for development, it's percentage increases by the amount of people and industries located there.
Now as for the industries themselves.
You have a list of industry types, each providing different types of bonuses, obviously, the higher they pay, the more they increase the richness of you population. The industries would be divided into consumer, industrial, financial, and commercial. Each having a subsection that divided up into corporation, or small business.

Now, back to those undeveloped hexes. They would develop based on a new interest model, meaning how much each industry is attracted to an area. Polluting production buildings would obviously not be attracted to high populated areas, but low pollution, high employment industries would.

All industries would develop automatically, and the governments role in it would change, allot.

Government could build military facilities, and power facilities, as well as issue bonds for more development in the industry it chooses. Issuing bonds inside of that development would be investing inside of it, but turbo powered, and would pay for the industry to build itself up.
As for the world market effect on this. A new model would have to be put in to replace UN subsidity to a point, which would be investor interests.

Terribly sorry if this was unorganized, but the last suggestion was one I will probably come back to some day, when I am not feeling sick.

Thanks for reading.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Systems I would like to see in future updates and releases.

Post by Balthagor »

You are describing here a game that is completely different from what Supreme Ruler is. We could consider this for future titles but I find it unlikely for any of this to make its way into the system at this late a stage, but that's just my opinion.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Illumination
Warrant Officer

Re: Systems I would like to see in future updates and releases.

Post by Illumination »

I second your post, Balthagor. I like SR2020 the way it is, with changes being to enhance its core elements, not revolutionize them entirely.

However, the concept does sound interesting Halak. I'd play it at least once :-D

Return to “Development - 2020”