SR2020 Expansion Announced

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: SR2020 Expansion Announced

Post by Balthagor »

AI discussions are likely to be some of the last things we talk about before release since we'll be working this area till near the end of development and we'll want to be able to discuss where the AI is at, not where it might get too. Facts are better than predictions.

AI improvements have been made for the expansion pack and are continuing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

All discussions of pre-expansion pack AI have been moved to their own thread here
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
hp2guns
Corporal

Post by hp2guns »

hp2guns wrote:You got to be kidding! How about getting the game I bought first up to par with the guide book before you lay another game in front of me. Always bought Paradox because I knew I enjoyed their games, i.e. Hearts of Iron Series, but now my trust in them has fallen a few degrees. Was shocked to see how much work the 2020 game needed to conform with manual. Now they think I will buy an expansion. Not likely. I want to download this "Patch" and see where it stands first. In any case my trust of Paradox products has fallen a few degrees. I too have the Civ series from Civ 1 thru Civ 4 Colonization and cannot remember but a patch or 2 in all 8. Of course 1&2 were Playstation games. The Patches were rather small ones also. I agree with the poster that said it seems as though we are the beta testers.Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of this game but feel it wasn't ready to be released and now before the game is complete they want me to buy an expansion. No way!
Okay, insult me, redirect attention to civ games, btw you were right must have been thinking of Panzar General on PS, do anything but address the issue. I may be past mush stage but i think this is the forum for supreme ruler issues. So I will try to redirect your attention to the issue. Page 13 of guide book states you have a choice of ministers ect ect. Do You??? NO! not yet!! That is the point here friend, conform the game to the guide book. I like the concept of the game, was just dissappointed that the guide book and game were not the same. Dissappointed in Paradox based on other games I have from them. Think this is my first encounter with Battlegoat. But discuss something else, maybe the weather in Alaska but the point I was making is that the game had a ways to go before I would buy an expansion. Would go into other issues but lets keep it simple ......
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

hp2guns wrote:...i think this is the forum for supreme ruler issues...
While this is true, we do ask people to stay on topic when posting in threads.

This thread is not about the current feature set available in Supreme Ruler 2020, it is about the announcement of an update with some additional features and lots of content. If you're looking for a feature that does not exist in the core game and has not been announced for the expansion yet, you may want to wait till the expansion is done and all features are announced.
hp2guns wrote:...So I will try to redirect your attention to the issue. Page 13 of guide book states you have a choice of ministers ect ect. Do You??? NO! not yet!!...
Yes, you do, just not in the way we had thought to implement it. When you change your political leaning you get a different set of ministers. If you would like more information about this feature please post questions in the appropriate forum section.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
KuMbA
Warrant Officer

Post by KuMbA »

I have a question.

Can we expect to get a physical version in germany?
Digital download are here far not as popular as in other countries.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The initial release of the game will only be available as a digital download only. Paradox have not made any announcements about what might happen in the future so we simply don't know yet.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
qweasd
Sergeant

Post by qweasd »

Three things I wish to see in the expansion:

Map editor. Self explanatory really, add new territories, change hex ownership etc
Land negotiations after ceasefire. Return to pre-war boundaries, or ask for exclaves to be part of your territory, etc.
Loyalty. The way I see it, the loyalty system is terrible. Surely people wouldn't stay loyal to no-longer-existant countries for long?
Illumination
Warrant Officer

Post by Illumination »

hp2guns...Any game that is forced to conform to a written manual is handicapped. Most good games bear very little resemblance to their manuals. Take WoW for instance. So much has now changed that almost everything written in manuals, and strat guides, is uselss, and they still sell them!

An updatable PDF would be ideal, which I think is in the works if Im not mistaken...
Hoshen
Private

Post by Hoshen »

qweasd wrote:Loyalty. The way I see it, the loyalty system is terrible. Surely people wouldn't stay loyal to no-longer-existant countries for long?
Im sure every former U.S.S.R or Yugoslavia country would disagree with that. the fact is ethnic/minority groups will always want independence even if they have been part of a country for hundreds of years.

I see nothing wrong with current loyalty system
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hoshen wrote:Im sure every former U.S.S.R or Yugoslavia country would disagree with that...
and of course Kurds and Palestinians...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Hoshen wrote: the fact is ethnic/minority groups will always want independence even if they have been part of a country for hundreds of years.

Even if the conquring country provided them all with beach houses, sports cars, and all the necicities of life?

Basicaly I see it more of how the people are treated once they are conqured to the way Loyalty swings. The beter you treat the people, the more loyal they will become. Also intigration is a key to it to. If you conqure a country and treat it seperatly then it will not become as loyal.
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

Hoshen wrote:
qweasd wrote:Loyalty. The way I see it, the loyalty system is terrible. Surely people wouldn't stay loyal to no-longer-existant countries for long?
Im sure every former U.S.S.R or Yugoslavia country would disagree with that. the fact is ethnic/minority groups will always want independence even if they have been part of a country for hundreds of years.

So then Castile will seperate from Spain?

Italy will break up?

There isn't a signifigant differance between central American countries (in most respects, culturally, socially, economically), in fact they used to be called the United States of Central America.

The USA had a civil war, yet the south doesn't appear to want to seceed anytime soon. Though some in Alaska do.

Loyalty is tricky, the best thing would be an event system to change loyalty once certain conditions are met.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Illumination wrote:hp2guns...Any game that is forced to conform to a written manual is handicapped. Most good games bear very little resemblance to their manuals. Take WoW for instance. So much has now changed that almost everything written in manuals, and strat guides, is uselss, and they still sell them!

An updatable PDF would be ideal, which I think is in the works if Im not mistaken...

You cannot compare an ongoing persistant MMO world/game that is ever evolving based on millions of player interactions to a non MMO non online game. A manual for this type of game, (SR2020), should always be as complete as possible at release and updated via text files as patchs are released.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
UsF
Lieutenant

Post by UsF »

I must admit that I haven't touched SR2020 since shortly after the release and some patches were released meanwhile.
Hopefully the impression I will get from trying again now, will cause me to buy this expansion pack. :-)
Dom
Lieutenant

Post by Dom »

So.................................... When will this be released? Q4 is almost up!!

Return to “Development - 2020”