Radiation, Biohazard and neutral waters

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ord4511
Lieutenant

Radiation, Biohazard and neutral waters

Post by ord4511 »

A few ideas for future updates or games.
Radiation:
When a nuke is detonated would it be possable to have radiated area (like on the map filters for supply,oil,etc) And make it so the populations in these areas begin to lose population at a certain percentage, and facilities operate at a very low percentage. And create a new unit like NBC Hazmat Team like an engineer and it takes say 120 days to remove nuclear fallout before facilities and population get back to normal.
Chemical/Biological Weapons:
Use the same as radiation but make it so it spreads like supply creep, and make it so you would have to make a wall of nbc hazmat teams to stop the spread of infection and double the cost of health services for a certain time (depending on the research level of the Chemical/Biological Weapon Fired) like 120 days before a vaccination can be found.
Neutral Waters:
Maybe creat a naval unit that has its ownership effect like where ever that ship sailed in neutral waters the hex the unit occupied your country would have ownership until the vessal moved, and when you try to construct an oceanic complex make it so any other country intrested in the same resource could start a bid against you and the highest bidder takes ownership.
Peace through Conquest
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Re: Radiation, Biohazard and neutral waters

Post by Legend »

We have discussed this and have set things into place to show on map radiated patches etc... but the implementation of this did not find a finished state. Although a nice game element, it didn't make it up too high on our list yet.

As for chemical / bio... we don't have any in the game.
lonewolf42o
Sergeant

Post by lonewolf42o »

haha there arent any bio or chem weapons in the game. then what the hell am i wasting my money on research to reduce the effects of them? I love this game but the more and more i play it the more thing i find that should have been dealt with before releasing the game. i dont see ford or chevy releasing half built cars.
Cutlass
Major

Post by Cutlass »

Cars are not a relevant comparison to software in this regard. One has to compare software with software, and comparing Supreme Ruler to Windows I'd have to say that Supreme Ruler does a much better job :-)
Proud member of the Spherical World Association. An organization dedicated to encouraging game designers to create state of the art strategy games in which the actual shape of the world is used.
lonewolf42o
Sergeant

Post by lonewolf42o »

was an analogy. if there are techs to prevent the effects of chem and bio weapons then there should be chem and bio weapons. was obviously overlooked in beginning and should be fixed. simple as that
god
Corporal

Post by god »

I definitely agree with you guys It would be awesome to annihilate entire nations and even continents with Virus spreads and all that I even think the game sold units would oincrese I really hope they add them some day!!!
Nero
Captain

Post by Nero »

There are certain techs ingame associated with bio weapons and protection from radiation and bio weapons.
Or am I just seeing things?
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

There are technologies in the tech tree that are there for flavour and general knowledge effects. For example, if you research bio protection you may gain some civilian and world favor, and you also help advance your tech level. If you research bio weapons you make the world a bit madder at you.

It was suggested to pull techs like this out because they don't have a "direct" result (ie allowing access to bio weapons), and I was against that, though maybe I was wrong here, because we hear this comment a lot. However, we let you research high speed trains (and there are no actual trains in the game), fibre optics (but there is no internet simulated in the game), and artificial hearts (but no heart attacks in the game), etc etc.

-- George.
Nero
Captain

Post by Nero »

(but no heart attacks in the game)
I did almost get a heart attack when I saw several hundred Russian tanks rolling toward my borders though :lol:
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

George Geczy wrote: It was suggested to pull techs like this out because they don't have a "direct" result (ie allowing access to bio weapons), and I was against that, though maybe I was wrong here, because we hear this comment a lot. However, we let you research high speed trains (and there are no actual trains in the game), fibre optics (but there is no internet simulated in the game), and artificial hearts (but no heart attacks in the game), etc etc.

-- George.
Sure, civilian side is practicaly not visualized in game, but military view/effects are. We see missile lauched (not only nukes), tanks rolling...and bio/chemicals weapons have direct result on point of impact - mainly in killing all live organisms in radius (depending on efficiency).
Just imagine enemy having 40+ unist stacked very close, with no NBC protection, and you will fire bio weapon here....ecfect simmiliar to nuke, but at much cheaper price.
And you can add one nuke weapon - dirty nuke - it will not cause nuclear explosion, just will spread radioctive waste againt big area.
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11

Return to “Development - 2020”