How do we know when PATCH is released?

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

[MAGOG]Kruelgor
Warrant Officer

How do we know when PATCH is released?

Post by [MAGOG]Kruelgor »

I'm waiting until the next patch comes out until I play the game, but where and how will I know when the next patch is released?
xcathdra
Sergeant

Re: How do we know when PATCH is released?

Post by xcathdra »

Its kind of like being on Double Secret Probation...
MaxRiga
Colonel

Post by MaxRiga »

my topic about patch release was closed today -
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 44&t=10763

so, your topic is the next in line ;) I wonder, why BG still hasn't created FAQ and PATCH INFO topics so people stop asking same questions all the time.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... =43&t=9673 ( Posted: 24 Apr 2008 18:13 )

BG - please, open my previous topic with interesting poll and open PATCH INFO section on the forum so we can follow your progress. Other ways do not be pissed off if most of us asking same things hindered times .. it's ur fault not ours ;)
... lai dzivo latvija !
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

[MAGOG]Kruelgor wrote:I'm waiting until the next patch comes out until I play the game, but where and how will I know when the next patch is released?
Seriously? You're asking a serious question?

Are you stupid?

You think that BG is gonna patch the game and NOT tell anyone about it? Or they'll patch the game, tell everyone they patched it, and then not release it?

This is one of the stupidest questions I've ever seen asked on a game forum.
"Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."
Rais.N.Hell
Lieutenant

Post by Rais.N.Hell »

Hellfish6 wrote:
[MAGOG]Kruelgor wrote:I'm waiting until the next patch comes out until I play the game, but where and how will I know when the next patch is released?

Are you stupid?

You think that BG is gonna patch the game and NOT tell anyone about it? Or they'll patch the game, tell everyone they patched it, and then not release it?

Why don't you stop being an ignorant moron yourself? The guy just asked a simple question. No need to address your response with stupid remarks yourself. Stop being a STUPID retarded jerk.
BigD145
Captain

Post by BigD145 »

Why don't we keep this civil?

When you installed the game you may have gotten an internet link in your start menu that says, "Check For Updates." Use it.
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

Rais.N.Hell wrote:
Hellfish6 wrote:

Are you stupid?

Why don't you stop being an ignorant moron yourself? The guy just asked a simple question. No need to address your response with stupid remarks yourself. Stop being a STUPID retarded jerk.
I take it you two are from the same litter?
"Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Hi Hellfish :)

Thanks for jumping to our defense, but I think you many need to ask Tkobo for a bit if his mush ;) You seem a little worked up today.

No need for anyone to get bent out of shape, we will post both here and on the Paradox forum as soon as the patch is uploaded.

And BigD145 is correct for anyone doing a new install. After installation the "check for updates" link is added in your start menu program group.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Apollon
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apollon »

Actually, the patch has already been released, but you guys aren't getting any. Nyah, nyah, nyah! :D
Demondred
Corporal

Post by Demondred »

Thanks for the post BigD145. I guess this comes from only using my desktop shortcut.

Note: Hellfish6 was out of line. It takes a whole lot of stupid for me to call someone down for it, but he shouldn't be thanked for insulting other people. Even if he has 250 posts, that would just make him active idiot.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well, I'll admit, I was trying to do a polite "tsk tsk" there, Hellfish6 was a very helpful user during the life cycle of SR2010 and I have little reason to expect any different from him in the future, he may just be having an off day. And to call him an idiot you're just copying his slip in etiquette. Don't worry about it, we'll keep watching the forums. We're quite lucky that overall our users are some of the best behaved out there, there have only been a few rare occasions were we really needed to lean on a user for getting out of line.

Now back to work for me, I've got an update to keep testing so this thread becomes old news ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Goontrooper
Sergeant

Post by Goontrooper »

Keep up the good work then!

But while you are at it...could we please get a Patch sticky with progress updates? I think that will help everyone out a great deal, and will keep things calmer here. A few of us have been asking for this is various threads.

Good luck with the testing. I hope you guys are still on track to get it to us in the very near future as per the last update.

Thanks!
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

A few people have been asking for patch details. As it stands we won't be releasing notes beforehand due to the testing process. What we do put into the patch needs to work well. If through testing we find a problem and can't integrate a fix for this patch we need to know that we haven't already stated that it will be in the patch.

To answer the title of this thread... you could mark your post to "Notify me when a reply is posted" and you'll get an email. We might post the update being ready right here.

Thanks
gouldjg
Captain

Post by gouldjg »

Notify me when a reply is posted :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Looking forward to it

Edit, I forgot to tick the box so have come back in to do so. DOH ?+
bblaney
Sergeant

Post by bblaney »

gouldjg wrote:Notify me when a reply is posted :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Looking forward to it

Edit, I forgot to tick the box so have come back in to do so. DOH ?+
QFT

Return to “Development - 2020”