SR2020 5.1.2 Suggestions

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Would you like SR2020 to lean towards War or Managment?

War
38%
Management
62%

Total votes: 53
cyrusleeyp
Private

Post by cyrusleeyp »

I really want AI to be able to do amphibious assault or invasion across sea , no need to be perfectly planned one, at least it gives us new challenge
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

Yep
Hawk Firestorm
Sergeant

Post by Hawk Firestorm »

The UI needs some serious loving, intelligence needs fixings it doesn't work.

Most of the ministers don't function at all or correctly, diplomacy and intel especially, improving game speed, making the unit graphics clearer.

And the AI needs to know how to improve production, and use it's navy for amfibious assaults poperly.

Sea bound states simply are just taking up map space otherwise they sit there and just pile up units.
Premislaus
Corporal

Post by Premislaus »

In my opinion implementing changes while concluding peace is needed. So that it isn't necessary to fight to the total conquest of the opponent, or stopping this territory where our army reached, when we choose the truce. So that it is possible during peace negotiations for it will possible during peace negotiations to choose a city for oneself, or to establish the border differently. Going farther one could enforce various treaties extorted during peace negotiations, for example about disarming, or demilitarising, ceasing determined investigations, standing sie with satellite state and so on. And also to streamline commanding the army, by forming the main staff in which cells, means, the strategy and tactics will be established, where the computer will deal with everything, and we during the war will be observing and to make corrections.
llsoth
Lieutenant

Post by llsoth »

At the top of the list are..
1. The AI is overly defensive and uses up his manpower pool garrisoning like mad.

2. The AI does not seem to build many new units (may be because of 1)

3. The AI cannot do amphibious assaults.

4. Belli NEEDS to be fixed I tried playing USA once. I scrapped 90% of my forces, scrapped production down to 8/4/4/4, and stuck the remaining forces (except for a few ships) into the reserves. Gutted my military infrastructure (scrapped barracks, airfields, etc). Took NO offensive actions. By the end of the first 6 months I had between 15 and 20% Belli with everyone on the planet..... I think you can see the problem.

5. Ships will sometimes launch there missiles at enemy ships in range and sometimes they wont won't. If I manually move the ship around (make it move to another hex sometimes that will cause them to engage.

6. Targeting priorities for ships are messed up. If my zumwalt has a choice of shooting at another ship or at a land target it will always shoot at the land. (with the exception of subs). Which leads to the next needed fix.

7. If you manually tell your unit to "attack unit" it will move to an adjoining hex and engage from point blank range. (ok for tanks and infantry but it is hell on my arty and ships).

IMHO these are probably the most important thing to see in the patch.

Oh yah the various saved games bugs need to fixed as well.
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

All excellent suggestions. Maybe if a lot of people new to forum expressed these much need improvements, some will get done. Unfortunately most of the ideas have been presented before....
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The savegame and CTD issues will be our top priority, of course.

1&2 will be getting some attention very soon.

3 has been discussed in another thread.
llsoth wrote:...4. Belli NEEDS to be fixed ...By the end of the first 6 months I had between 15 and 20%...
were you playing on Diplomacy = very hard? The only effect of harder diplomacy is a "hate humans" agenda for the AIs. It sounds like you did exactly the things we suggest to not have other regions dislike you.
llsoth wrote:...5. Ships will sometimes launch there missiles at enemy ships in range and sometimes they wont won't. If I manually move the ship around (make it move to another hex sometimes that will cause them to engage...
There are no proven bugs about this, if there is a problem you're the first to mention it. Are you sure you didn't just have the ship loaded with two different kind of missiles that had different ranges?
llsoth wrote:...6. Targeting priorities...

7. If you manually tell your unit to "attack unit" it will move...
The "attack unit" order issue is high on my personal wishlist, I will bring them to George's attention once again...

As for the targeting priority, that is an excellent point. I seem to recall bringing this to George's attention myself at one point, I'll bring it up again as well.
rhjyyz wrote:...Unfortunately most of the ideas have been presented before....
Calling you an inaccuracy again, 3,4 and 7 have had some discussion, the rest have not been touched on much, and as I said, 5 may not even be correct. That's not quite 50%, far from "most".
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

Item 5 IS an issue, at least it was in the demo.

And, sorry, fuzzy math here.

ALMOST all have been discussed

1,2,3,4(i disagree with CB still believe it has political slant, but I'll give you that one),5 (again in demo)have issues

Don't know about 6 and 7 quite yet. Will test. Sounds familiar to me though.

That IS most. (If it was "touched on" that doesn't count for discussion?? :roll: )

YOU are inaccurate again.

Sorry I'm not your fanboy.

This seems to be getting personal for you. Sorry you feel that way. That's too bad. You could lose good suggestions due to that. On the good side, you guys at least repsond, although lately a bit of the "working as intended" is creeping into some of the posts and a somewhat defensive posture towards some these insightful posts seems to have been implemented.

If you don't like the honest critiscm, go ahead and ban me now. I feel it coming. I don't think I repeated my beefs too many times as some others have, but whatever, I'll still buy the game, IF it ever gets here to the stores, win/win for you and don't have to put up with my crap.

After reading the actual item 5 , I may be wrong here, I was thinking of another issue without missles with the navy.
Last edited by rhjyyz on Jul 01 2008, edited 1 time in total.
high empty
Captain

Post by high empty »

OK Adressing #4.

you have to " TURN OFF" all AIR,LAND AND SEA factorys as USA. You may have as many missle factorys as you can afford.

YOU do NOT need to Scrap ANYTHING! unless you want too!

The AI in my game, attacked me with Fighters and bombers and about 50 tanks, however given that my game is year like 2048.

So having the AI allowed to increase their build cap Good.

Having the AI ONLY allowed to have 5%-10% AA guns would be good aswell!
llsoth
Lieutenant

Post by llsoth »

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly Balthagor.

As to some of the things being on another thread I know, I thought this was a discussion on what fixes come first. Sorry if this ended up looking like a rehash.

As to point 4. I was playing on Diplomacy Very Easy (I was just testing it out to see what was actually required to make people not hate you). I was producing some units with my remaining factories though.

As to point 5 it happened with either 2 types of missiles or one type. It also seems to happen more often the farther the enemy is away. As a personal thought I think it may have to do with not targeting enemy ships that are spotted by recon sat coverage.

Thanks for the reply and great game :)
Ashbery76
Major

Post by Ashbery76 »

1.Divisional unit containers

2.Being able to cancel treaties.

3.Being able to get a CB with events or manufacturing one with your intel services like real life.

4.Events to give political life to the world as if feels a little empty at present.

5.A.I to do sea invasions.

Overall this game has great potential but gameplay is a little underdeveloped as it stands.
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

Ashbery76 wrote:1.Divisional unit containers
i think you can already do that. it's called rubber banding

2.Being able to cancel treaties.
can do that.

3.Being able to get a CB with events or manufacturing one with your intel services like real life.
events like? manufacturing one? that's unrealistic.

4.Events to give political life to the world as if feels a little empty at present.

5.A.I to do sea invasions.
george has already given an explanation why this is not going to be allowed.

Overall this game has great potential but gameplay is a little underdeveloped as it stands.
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

rhjyyz wrote:Item 5 IS an issue, at least it was in the demo...
If someone pointed this out as a problem in the demo, it slipped by me, my apologise. It sounds like there are missiles loaded that have a shorter attack range. If someone has a case where the unit is truly just "not shooting", please send me a savegame so we can get this fixed.

And you are correct that your username now brings up a "red flag" for me, as all your posts seem to be looking to take a shot at us. I won't ban you for being grumpy, but I'll watch for inaccuracies, and I'll stand and take my lumps where I'm wrong. I'm not looking for fanboys but am on the lookout for trolls.
Ashbery76 wrote:2.Being able to cancel treaties.
This is one I'd also like to see, and something George and I disagree on. I'll keep putting my vote in for it to be added...
Ashbery76 wrote:5.A.I to do sea invasions.
Same comment, I'd like to see it in.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
llsoth
Lieutenant

Post by llsoth »

Having tested it out it seems that ships will auto fire missiles (if they are set up to) if the enemy ship has been "spotted" by itself or a friendly unit. But if the enemy ship (don't know about land targets) is still in the fog of war with no units spotting it it will not auto shoot at it.

If the only way you know the enemy ship is there is because of your recon sats then it will be ignored and no missiles launched. You can manually order a missile strike as normal though.

Hope this helps took me awhile to pin down the behavior. Originally I thought it was ordering the ship to move that had an effect but it was actually that I would eventually order the ship closer to the target (and into detection range).

Return to “Development - 2020”