Nuclear Weaponry

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

LeoXiao
Sergeant

Nuclear Weaponry

Post by LeoXiao »

In SR2010, whenever I used nukes to speed up a war, not only would all other nations in the world hate/attack me, but my own military would start surrendering to the side that was being nuked.

I can imagine that some generals would be annoyed by a leader's decisions to use WMDs on an enemy, but to actually join the LOSING side is just stupid.

Example: I am Russia and I control everything in Europe except for the UK. France, Spain, the Low Countries, Denmark, and the little strip of Germany that connects Denmark and Holland. There are two naval bases in the vicinity that are quite bothersome for my advancing troops, as they are protecting Hamburg.
So I get some SS-27 missiles and nuke the bases, as well as some other enemies. What happens is that all other countries in the world that aren't allied with me declare war within a week of the nuking, my military approval drops to 2%, and if I send anyone to advance they assimilate into the enemy ranks like cotton candy in water.

I'm WINNING the war, not losing it. My troops have no reason to join the losers.

Solve this problem. I want it done with Stalinist efficiency. I would propose that other nations still get mad at you and your military approval will take a hit, but not something so drastic as we have in 2010. It makes nuclear warfare impossible. [/i]
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

What I usually do is make nukes not nukes in the game data files. I actually consider nukes 'broken', both in reality and in the game. :-) American troops would be freaking out if America started dropping nukes all over the place.

Editing the game files almost makes everyone conveniently forget that the horrifying powerful weapons I'm dropping (and everyone is dropping on me) are nukes.

If there is interest I'll release something which removes all the 'nuclear weapon' flags from the nuclear weapons.

Makes combat much, much much more exciting when you can lose large swaths of your military to 'nuclear' weapons the AI fires off at you.
The AI loves to build nukes because all it sees is a hugely powerful missile.
Missiles!! Nukes!
Draken
General
Human: Yes

Post by Draken »

Baloogan wrote:What I usually do is make nukes not nukes in the game data files. I actually consider nukes 'broken', both in reality and in the game. :-) American troops would be freaking out if America started dropping nukes all over the place.

Editing the game files almost makes everyone conveniently forget that the horrifying powerful weapons I'm dropping (and everyone is dropping on me) are nukes.

If there is interest I'll release something which removes all the 'nuclear weapon' flags from the nuclear weapons.

Makes combat much, much much more exciting when you can lose large swaths of your military to 'nuclear' weapons the AI fires off at you.
The AI loves to build nukes because all it sees is a hugely powerful missile.
So the AI actually uses the nukes??? I gotta try that!
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
LeoXiao
Sergeant

Post by LeoXiao »

Which file is that? I must know!
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Missiles!! Nukes!
LeoXiao
Sergeant

Post by LeoXiao »

Thanks, this file has helped me a lot. However, the enemy isn't nuking me for some reason. Is it because they only just started building them?

Also, my question as to whether or not nukes will actually be usable in 2020 (as in your guys wont all leave you) has not been answered.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”