A list of things generally requested by fans

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The Khan
General

A list of things generally requested by fans

Post by The Khan »

I hope it is not late. Guys, I think we should list them all the things we want for the sequel!

*Easier Economy option. I am a usual 4X RTS fan, BUT ALSO a nation running fan. However, sometimes I just hate hate hate to care about the "Mister Joe's Domestic Good's Co." prices or how to sell them, or how to set the efficiency investments, and can't leave it because the ministers have the intelligence of a lobotomized cow.

when my soldiers need a good microing to strangle a horde of tanks before a bridge,and punch through the capitals while ships are busy dodging ASM's and my Jets are dancing on a line of death or victory, with missiles soaring and roaring amongst them with a difference of miliseconds from a dodge or hit,with infantry, supported with recon charging to key facilities softened with SCALP's, to capture or disable them, especially powerplants and military goods factories.

State controlled economy? I think state leaders should only be allowed to set interests,credit limits and tax ratings for a resource like those of Global Power or Superpower 2! Playing the catch-and-run with hundreds of market ratings are for stock market brokers, not leaders. Why should I build factories and mines?How can the sizes of such buildings be relevant on the real map, and worse, in my responsibilities! Why aren't consumer factories near cities, or in them? The game should be more grand strategy than that.

*More controversial technology like brain control chips , compulsory stimulant using policies for troops(even a good shot of metamphetamine does wonders, never mind their health), cloning for malicious purposes(slave labor, soldiers and any other purposes stuff :wink: ), nanocameras and mental police force to monitor people, basically all the stuff to make the world an Orwellian nightmare at the cost of everyone hating you.

Also, policies and technologies of Utopian ideals may be present like "Brave New World" genetic caste system with everyone hypnopedied to be happy.

*A victory condition. Being able to challenge the World Market itself, the player will be granted an objective of destroying over a certain number of World number assets, and capturing their HQ, thus placing ONLY the player as the "authoritah" of the planet along with the limitless gold reserves of the dead members of the World Market.

*Satellite warfare, the ability to take out enemy satellites and dropping Tungsten rods I messaged about, the satellites being stoppable with ASAT missiles.

*Mercenaries. Surprised? We are talking about a global collapse, what would the general of a large body of soldiers, seeing his wage dropping tenfold, and the state he doesn't like saying him to disband since him fancy tanks need some price-inflated maintenance stuff, and become a lifeless loser? He may even flip the bird, and seek the highest bidder amongst newly emerging citystates.

*Tools to change loyalty substantially. It is sad to see a territory still loyal to their owners wven when the owner attacked ME and had a horrible infrastructure, while I captured most of his lands and its people are living so well and fat, able to buy extremely cheap food and water and lots of consumer goods, while loving the enemy! Tsk tsk tsk...

*Redhead women advisors, Green eyes preferred (Serving wench cosplay is optional, but I don't mind, as long as she has a thick blue pullover and glasses) covering the neck with a long skirt, glasses and a nerdy look. :wink:
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

all good ideas but about aids vacin puplec suport 120 and you becom ruler for live
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Good ideas too. Just name them each with lines. I got the idea about the first and the last, but I didn't quite get 120% Public support. You mean they should crown you ruler for life after AIDS vaccine is discovered?

Would suck for the scientist.

Also, I'd like a certain way to earn easy money in some scenarios.

Such as,

Afghanistan of today, is the biggest exporter of opium. Pot. Ganja, whatever you name it. And it generates huge quantities of cash for the Talibani Warlords today.

A Global collapse should trigger even worse consumption of drugs, even MOAR illicit trade.

Also, there are no certain war-important goods to trigger a bit more fun. Gold, when extracted and processed, is THE most valuable good in war times, as gold during war is the best way to keep wealth, particularly in a global war where currencies lose their value fast. Gold mines and reserves should be extremely important. I am serious, it is not because I played Warcraft or Empire Earth much.

Second, goods like gems, poppies and other medicinal products are the ones that start wars in small African and Asian countries.

And remember, gems are important for industrial purposes too, especially diamond and rubies in drilling. And they are too valuable to get stacked together with "ore". Composite plants replacing ores is a bit too expensive btw. I'd rather import it.

I already introduced the game to a few friends, and they said although it was well thought, there should be a few tricks to earn quick and easy cash in some scenarios.(we're all Jagged Alliance fans mwahaha)This post was to make the game a bit more attractive while enhancing the details, with only a slight risk of harming game balance which isn't so 100% balanced anyway.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

You got it

Today our lerder SoB has found the curie to ADIS and 100% of the people have voted him suprem ruler for live
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

SoB wrote:You got it

Today our lerder SoB has found the curie to ADIS and 100% of the people have voted him suprem ruler for live
A final tech victory. Why not? Could be an interesting optional flavor. I'm sure it can be coded.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”