Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Draken
General
Human: Yes

Unit attributes based on unit size...

Post by Draken »

Just a minor detail...

In SR2010 some unit have attributes that are not calculated based on its size. Cases in mind are:

Stealth. Half unit of x type should be harder to detect that one 150% strenght unit of x.

Bridging. A unit should cross over a bridging unit faster if the bridging unit has more bridges...

So, if you Goats, have the time, it would be nice to have this changes in place for SR2020
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

it's an interisting suggestion, but dividing units to gain more discretion is not done at level simulated by the game, it's done at company level and under as fars as my real life experience worth.

about bridging, and more generaly any mean used to ease mobility, it's relative only up to a given level since more hardware(bridges or else) mean also more people that need to be coordinated wich is only possible with a high level of military efficency (comms and drills).

to summarize, i would say that combining or dividng units would require an high level of training to be efficient.

cheers,

Jan
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Jan wrote:it's an interisting suggestion, but dividing units to gain more discretion is not done at level simulated by the game, it's done at company level and under as fars as my real life experience worth.

about bridging, and more generaly any mean used to ease mobility, it's relative only up to a given level since more hardware(bridges or else) mean also more people that need to be coordinated wich is only possible with a high level of military efficency (comms and drills).

to summarize, i would say that combining or dividng units would require an high level of training to be efficient.

cheers,

Jan
Quite true!

And, all it takes is one 5-ton truck up to its fenders in mud to block an ingress/egress from a bridging site. So, splitting up a unit means alternative crossing sites -- which introduces all sorts of complexity.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”