Conquered regions keep identity.

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dust off
General

Conquered regions keep identity.

Post by dust off »

A wish idea: when a region is finally conquered it keeps its identy. So that rather than its budget etc be the same as the ruling region it has its own. The player can click on that region to set its rates. Much more realistic for me and perhaps a way of gettingmore strife in conquered regions as players try to save money there first.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Are you suggesting that a player controls two independent regions? Not sure I understand...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Yeah, sort of. It seems to me that many, if not most conquered 'states' in RL are run semi independently of the ruling nation.

In SR2010 I was wondering why I didn't get more partisans etc until I realised as soon as I conquered a nation their pay, health care etc doubled and trippled etc.

I'd also include the option, once 'pacified', to ake the nation semi-autonomous paying tribute or something, and also true autonomy nut maybe politically allied. Not to forget possibility of rebelion.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not sure I'd support this one, but I'll float the idea around...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Im pretty sure this is too much to ask, but after alot of thought on it , id like occupied regions to be treated seperately when it comes to social services, goods and dar.

So that If I as Germnay, conquer poland,polands population does not automatically drain goods(or resources) ,have their opinions matter (get added in to the dar), etc..

Id like to be able to set sliders to how much of my true nations wealth they get.
So, if polands population needs 2k consumer goods, and i decide i dont want to produce those 2k of consumer goods (above what my real nation requires) i can just let them suffer (with appropriate "loyalty" penalties in that conquered land) and not produce them, without that affecting the supply of said goods in my true nation.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Id like to be able to set sliders to how much of my true nations wealth they get.
So, if polands population needs 2k consumer goods, and i decide i dont want to produce those 2k of consumer goods (above what my real nation requires) i can just let them suffer (with appropriate "loyalty" penalties in that conquered land) and not produce them, without that affecting the supply of said goods in my true nation.
That is kind of along the lines that I was thinking. This could make rebelions more likely and provide another layer of strategy.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This seem like far more complication than I'd like to see in the game...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

Some of this speaks to 'client state' governing infrastructures. A captured region might be allowed to keep a separate government, for any number of reasons, language being a big one, a la vichy france. If you did that, you might then be able to issue a general directive to the client state leader and let them, using all of the sensitivity and strategic thinking we have always gotten from ministers, take care of it. Oh, I seem to have misplaced my tongue - no wait, I found it, it was in my cheek.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Puppet regions? The original SuperPowers supported this... It didn't add much to that game and I don't think it will add much to SR2020 either...

Guerrillas and partisans spawning in totally conquered regions until the new ruler gains the hearts and minds of the population would be very interesting on the other hand... Specialy if those units actually move around and are able to destroy updates other than been just "efficiency improvement targets" like they are now... :)
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Yup, kinda figured it would be too much to ask for .Its sad that "complexity" has become a word regarded in much the same way as "hex".

Agree fully with Draken on his suggestions
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

The primary motivation for client states would be to isolate the two economies - no reason to unbalance a region just because of supply issues in a capitulating territory. The intent is to compartmentalize - as opposed to rescaling your economy and population. Basically it means that once appropriately directed, you could 'ignore' the domestic issues of a conquered region, instead of homogenizing them with your own.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”