New Idea for SR2020: COALITION

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Coalition4Peace
Corporal

New Idea for SR2020: COALITION

Post by Coalition4Peace »

Just a thought, I have no idea if it has been discussed yet or not? Anyway here goes, For supreme ruler 2020, how about:

1. A treaty that can be proposed by Human or AI that involved at least 2 or more countries, where the treaty agreement is:
- Whenever any other country outside the the member of the treaty "declare war", attacking or invading the nation which is a member of the treaty, then all the member nations of the treaty MUST response unanimously in a 2 ways such as:

(First One)
All the member nation of the treaty are to DECLARE WAR back towards the invading country even if the invading country who attack one of the member nation but have a good relationship towards one of the other member nation of the treaty, still a member nation MUST response, however if that's the case then the member nation who have a good relationship towards the invading nation don't have to declare war, but must response in second way which is frequent ECONOMICAL AID such as financial aid, commodity aid, etc. towards the member nation of the treaty who is under attack for as long as the invasion or the attack lasted, and the aid MUST be frequent in spite of the size of the gift, it doesn't matter if it's small or big aid as long as of decent size according to the economy of the member nation who gives the aid, and as long as it is FREQUENT, like once a month or more.

(Second One, this part is a MUST and non-negotiable agreement of the treaty) Every nation member of the treaty MUST actively contribute troops at a decent level of numbers (say at least one stack or 7 units) to be under the command of the member nation who is under attack; At this time the troops will still carry it's nation color, but the difference is, the nation who contribute it cannot control it once it is arrived at the territory of the country who is under attack, instead it is the member nation who is under attack who take controls, where ever he wish to take all these troops contribution (or what I like to call it, just like in real life: COALITIONS) according to his own war strategy. The member nation can only have control of these troops contribution however for only a certain amount of time since the troops contributions will be periodically for certain amount of time, say one year for example, at which after that, if the invasion or the attack still lasted then the nation who is under attack can request for a new troops contribution for another TOUR OF DUTY for one year or more; or before the time of the troops contributions tour end the member nation can use diplomacy to request for an extension or at any time during the attack can also request for more troops or extra troops to be send to assist in the operations.

So even though the country who is a member nation of the treaty have a good relationship with the country who launch the attack or the invasion, didn't DECLARE WAR, however under the contractual treaty agreement he must send contribute troops, which is why, it won't be under his command rather under the other member nation's (who is under attack) command.

Also even though the rest of the member nations of the treaty respect the agreement and have a good relationship with the nation who is under attack and DECLARE WAR to the invading country as a response, he still must contribute troops to the under attack nations, or in other words he still must contribute troops towards the COALITION, while mounting his own operations, just to respect the treaty. Because the COALITION will act as a mainly "DEFENSE OPERATIONS", because it is under the control of the under attack member nation, although it is up to him how he wish to use the troops, be that defensive or offensive to repel attack, during the time period of the coalition.

However the above idea is also can be vice versa applied should one of the member nation is about to DECLARE WAR and launch a major operations or invading other non-member nation as long as he has a caussus belli of 75% and above. So a member nation of the treaty can request troops for a COALITION to launch an PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE Operations offensively with extra help by the COALITION.

All this above is really coincide with real life events that is taking place now, such as:

- US Operations In Iraq got help with: "COALITIONS OF THE WILLING", consist of 7000 UK troops, 2000 Australian troops, a few hundreds by Japan, Poland, Italy, and many other country who contribute, I think over 20 since the last report

- NATO operations in Afghanistan, consist of 32,000 NATO troops, which to be boosted by extra contributions by the NATO member, after diplomacy request from the US

- AFRICAN UNION operation in Sudan, which consist of 7,000 african union troops, which is pushed to be boosted at the request of UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon to be 15,000 troops and 3,000 police

- European Union operations at the border of Lebanon and Israel where more than 11,000 EU troops patrolling the border area between Israel and Lebanon

I purposely listed the above situations to plead my case with Battlegoat studios, I know it is a very complicated one, however it will be a worthy challenge for the genius team at Battlegoat and it will be a SUPERB features for Supreme Ruler 2020, that will bring reality to another degree and level of in-depth game, excitement and thrill to a whole new level.

After all, it is just a thought! it is up to Battlegoat to let it manifest!

Cheers,
NATOforces/Coalition4Peace
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Good post.
I absolutly agree whem you sign treaties you must be active for that.
There are already some discussions about that.
If you browse this section of the boards you'll find some.
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Coalition4Peace
Corporal

yes, I agree

Post by Coalition4Peace »

Yes, I agree totally,
an ally or a friendly nation, especially those whom you have signed a treaty with, especially such as those mentioned above, must be ACTIVE involved such as aid and military!

So we should be seeing many of troops movement across the country, not like the game now, the only troop movement as basically within the country itself, no cross country, or even inter-continental movement!

So, with a treaty such as above, we should see a lot of movement, a lot of troops re-einforcement such as new troops contribution for the COALITION or military aid, so it will bring the game more alive, and more action, for example, must get a couple of submarine and destroyer to guard a troops transport ship, and a couple of F-22 Raptor to guard the C-5 Galaxy in case of the encounter on seas and air!

Right now, even allied rarely mobilize it's troops apart from adjacent land! so, treaty like this where the military involvement is compulsory should really bring things almost reality like!

Beside almost all the treaty sign all over the world since old age to today's modernage, are mostly, for military reason, the economic is the second to follow, because how could you sustain the economy, without the military to guard it, or how could you maintain law and order, without strong force to enforce it! :wink:

Cheers,
coalition4peace=NATOforces
konan
Lieutenant

Post by konan »

i also agree

Coalition or alliance between more than 2 country sounds very interesting!!!

With a name? NATO/OTAN or "axis of the evils" or something more bush stile :D
konan
natoforces
Lieutenant

Post by natoforces »

Well, let's see if Chris got time to mention something in regard to this coalition or two nation or more treaty, OR one group of nations VS another group of nations? as long as it involved an active AI, not sitting duck AI!

perhaps it has been mentioned before somewhere here....
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

...It has. Complex alliances, unions, coalitions, joint operations... all been expressed at one time or another, either by post or by PM. Good idea. Might be worth searching.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
natoforces
Lieutenant

Post by natoforces »

Thanks Il Duce...

So it has...that's good to hear :-) ...it's even better to see it in action in SR2020 :wink:

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”