44%
Civbuilder
56%

Total votes: 16
BigStone
General

Poll Civbuilder or Warsimulator

Post by BigStone »

I'm just curious how you want to see in what direction SR should evolve....

More a civbuilder or More a warsimulator ... ???

On purpose i din't include the "both/don't care" option because i'm talking about -More-

Thanks
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

unless I'm missing something... I don't see how you or anyone would imagine Supreme Ruler evolving into a Civ Builder. Take a look at our features list (http://www.battlegoat.com/features_2020.php)

Although it's good knowing what people want, I think we are pretty clear where we are headed and a Civ Builder style game is not the direction.

* Improved Graphics with Higher Resolution Maps and Units.
* Improved Sound and Music, including Region-specific background music.
* Next Generation AI .
* Streamlined Interface for easier play options.
* Advanced "Single Map" Design.
* Play in a small Region or Play the Entire World!
* High Resolution Satellite Imagery courtesy of NASA.
* Real-time or turn-based gameplay options.
* Multiplayer support for up to 16 players via LAN or Internet.
* Extensive economic and political model.
* Exciting new Sandbox mode that lets Players customize their playing experience!
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

Gee Big -I dunno how to answer this. It's a wargame, but war is a tool of competing civilizations in progress. We certainly have some civ-build features now, and I think the summary of all I have read in these fora is that we'd like to see a bit more complexity [sophisticiation, subtlety, finesse, intrigue, etc...] in the civ-build in order to have a rational [and pragmatic] basis for making warplans - or understanding why a given war occurs at a given time, or how to select alliances to further our causes. Did I miss anything?
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

I was more thinking in the line ... if (capital IF) the Goats have some spare time where should they put it ?
Use it for more military things (like more advanced radars/new futuristic units designs, etc etc) ?
Or use it for a more complex diplo/socio/eco etc etc model ...

Personally i would love to see a expanded production model.
For example take the ore mines.What are they digging ? ..copper..iron..or perhaps aluminium ?
I can't build a jet just out of stainless steel :wink:

But i've to agree the term civbuilder might not be the appropiate term.But i hope you'll see my point...
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

Oh.

Personally, I don't care a whole lot about expanding the unit catalogue - at least I don't place a high priority on that. It's vast already, and I am rarely able to take advantage of the 'latest' things. I am reminded of the nazi's inability to exploit their jet tech in the last days of WW2. I work with what I got, and it's not always easy [or effective] to reinvent tactical doctrine to incorporate new units. [On the other hand, there are a lot of people out there who are deeply enamored of one or more specific units/techs which they just gotta have in the game. fine with me - I guess.]

On the other hand, speculating here, I think the goats are working pretty hard to get new civil/diplo/econ facets into the game without sacrificing playability. I suggested somewhere else that timber be replaced with rubber, as two strategic commodities would be truly interesting - who cares if you got fuel: got tires for that vehicle? Never saw much response from that, but you can never tell when one of these obscure forum postings will turn up in an update [or in a new game]. I don't think the goats miss too much of what goes on here - in fact I get the sense that they probably print these out and pass them around for comment, review, and reminder.

Given all the discussion that surrounded sr2010, and the new burst of comments that have appeared since the sr2020 announcement, besides the zillion things they had in mind for 2020, I suspect that the list of prospectives has doubled with user input.

I know we all want a specific feature in the game - some more than others, and I think you have to allow for the fact that the whole thing has to hang together like a fabric - seamlessly. So I wouldn't be surprised to see how many things don't get into 2020, and I expect to be surprised - but only briefly - at some of the things that do get in.

I don't know who said it first, but for 2020 it is certainly a case of "cut away everything that doesn't look like a horse."
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”