Difficulty Levels

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

Yep - re-evaluating treaties and such was sort of something I always expected to happen in SR2010.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

There has been some talking about adding religion to the game.... but nobody seems to know how... ?

Maybe tie it to the diplvl's .....

Also you can think about the influence/stance of the compound of your cabinet...
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

It's never been clear whether civrelate is a measure of cultural compatibility between two regions or if it's a measure of a foreign rulers' popularity [or both at the same time]. IF [and this is capital IF] you venture into the cultural, and this would mean religion, language, and a lot of other things, you would probably have to add another value to represent cultural compatibility [for instance, no matter what Israel does, there will never be cultural compatibilty between it and the rest of the middle east. Pakistan and India. et cetera.]. So now you have to do two things: integrate another variable into CB and other evaluation calcs, and start mapping cultural compatibility into all the scenarios. I can just see the look on George's face now. In the long run I would suspect that this would just make it harder for the goats to produce a better ruler and diplo AI, as there would be just too many variables to manage.

Would it add interest? dunno.

On the other hand - adding cultural factors would argue for client states and satellite governments, which - if we have read our Machievelli - would allow us to control a foreign state without excessively alienating its population, insofar as the managing authority is culturally connected and knows how to implement our directives in a culturally consistent way, speaks the same language, all that stuff. Case in point - Germany in WW2 was as least smart enough to set up Vichy France, as somebody understood that a German head of France would have only aggravated the insurrection and resistance problem they knew they would face for generations. How would you translate this into terms that an AI would understand?
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

If Civ relations remain in I'd also like to see the possibility of it improving.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

we seem to be drifting off topic...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Another thing (that wouldn't be hard to program like the things in the above discussions .. :wink: ) .. are the -counteroffers-

It seems to me that the AI is always asking for 100M at all levels.... :-?
So maybe you can change that in lets say
easy = 50 M
normal = 100 M
hard = 200 M
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

making the AI's more "greedy" in their counteroffers based on difficulty is a good idea, this could also be applied to product amounts, not just money amounts.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

BigStone wrote:There has been some talking about adding religion to the game.... but nobody seems to know how... ?

Maybe tie it to the diplvl's .....

Also you can think about the influence/stance of the compound of your cabinet...
Religion will be in the game. I may have a blog post shortly about it.

I did think to myself when writing my blog draft that religion could be a difficulty related option. I don't think I'd tie it to one of the difficulties but would want to see it as an option to play without religion effects. but then, we don't allow a player to play without civilian ratings affecting things...
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Legend wrote: Religion will be in the game. I may have a blog post shortly about it.
I've read it... and for some reason i don't like it because
you won't probably not be able to control it...
Hope it is not going to be some fuzzy thing like the research efficiency.... :wink:

A way to controll it (perhaps) is:

If you want to negotiate with a region you should assemble a diplomatic team existing (depending of how much you want that treaty) of a minister (maybe youself as president),captains of industry, a military delegation AND a religion one... ?
It would be fun (well so the speak of :oops: ) when sending a rabbi to Iran you'll get only the head of the poor bastard back.. :lol:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

BigStone wrote:...If you want to negotiate with a region you should assemble a diplomatic team ...
Just my two cents but that sounds like a lot of extra complexity...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Hmmm it could be.. or maybe not.. :-?

I was thinking to add more possibilties to the diplo.
Now it goes: select a treaty and offer items (money,goods techs etc)
and wait what happens.....

It could be nice if you have an option to compose a delegation (yes/no)
You have now 6 ministers and in someway they are connected to the available treaties (mutual defense,free trade/labor etc)
If you send a delegation,and to keep it simple for now... only ministers, then there must be a change that you get that treaty for less.

So when you decide to send a delegation the minister leaves the department for lets say a week (?) to visit the other region.
You're department is now unoccupied and that could lead to very strange things (for example selling your total oilstock .. that sort of thinks)
Another thing you might think of... when sending a minister to a very hostile region there must be a change you never get him/her back (killed ?).
Leading to a instant war.....

But how to implement relegion into this.... :-?

Well ....luckely this is a brainstorm thread..... :wink:
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

This is geting way off topic. This is a dicussion on difficultly levels in the game not "how difficult can we make it for the developers to make Supreme Ruler 2020".

Think big picture items. You can't select the people you put into each tank inside of each of your tank battalions. But you can decide where you want a tank battalion to be.

Back to a discusion on difficultly please. Create another thread if you want to discuss something new, and if needed, reference this thread with a link.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”