Unit Filters

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

blackraider
Sergeant
Location: Getafe (Spain). Geodesic center of the Iberic Peninsule

Unit Filters

Post by blackraider »

And how about a set of filters somewhere in the game for easily locate units damaged, low on supplies, trainned and so on? (and by type, tanks, arty, inf, etc..)

This could improve the combat abilities of some noobs like me :lol:

Regards. blackraider.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

I like this idea... where it would go is a different matter... but I like it.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

That would be wonderful!

Regards,
Feltan
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Yup. Excellent idea!!!
powercell
Colonel

Post by powercell »

How about the below screen (if it will be similar in the next game).

Currently, what I hate about this screen is that I always have to scroll through a giant list to find a unit I want. In my current World map, I deployed 35 divisions (1 div = 4 stacks of 7 units) plus about 2 dozen of independent stacks on the ground alone. That list is not too user friendly (especially on a slower machine like my laptop). The reserve is 2 to 3 times as many.

Why not make a little more use out of the above screen. Currently, we can select Deployed, Reserve, Training by Ground, Air and Naval. What need to be added:

- Add icons to sort/filter the list by their stats such as Strength (the same as how much damage), supply level, fuel level,...

- Add icons to select unit type (Recon, Inf, Tank,...) for each class (Ground, Air, Naval). The similar as selecting unit type when creating (training) new units

For Deployed Unit: sort/filter icon for strength, supply, fuel,... or whichever stats you want to see. Sorting order can be ascending by default since all I want is to locate the damage units or units that are out of supply/fuel.

For Reserve Unit: sort/filter by Repairing and Training. If possible, I'd like to see the time remaining for repairng or training.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Very nice... I like pictures! Pictures are awesome.

We do have plans to improve the use of the "U-List" or "Unit List" popup.

Some thoughts I have even come in the form of unit hierarchy. You mentioned "Divisions"... if we can implement a form of hierarchy I sure don't want to forget this screen in the overall design of that feature. Quick easy sorting, with displayed naming conventions perhaps. Keep the ideas coming - and ideas that reduce micromanagement are great!
powercell
Colonel

Post by powercell »

I just copy the post from another thread since there a couple of things that should go on this screen
blackraider wrote:While I was playing my last game, I've found some issues that could help in the next development:

* Go to Reserve Order could be better if give an option such as Reserve at Nearest (the unit is sent to the nearest city / base). This option could be added to the Filter View (or so) if finally implemented, so a player can send groups of units to reserve in one step.

* In Diplomatic treaties and only for Allies, a treaty such as Send me Military Help could be a great improvement if AI doesn't send help in wartime or if the help sent isn't enough.

* When build units an option such as Rally Point, which enable a unit to deploy in a preselected location. If the Unit Hierarchy is finally implemented this really could help to deploy entire formations together without the need of micromanagement.

* If Unit Hierarchy is finally implemented a filter such Filter by Formation (or so) so player can see entire formations without the need of see at unit basis.

I hope this "details" help to get a better game.

Regards. blackraider.
- I agree with the send unit into reserve command needs "closest base option". Normally, I just select the first base on the list, but that may not be the best/closest base.

- Unit Hierarchy: may be list the HQ/Command unit that the active unit is attached to. Click on the HQ/Command unit will center it on the screen. Option to detach unit from HQ.

- Option to attach select unit to HQ as long as there is still room. Similar to when sending unit into reserve, we will get a list of available HQ (instead of bases). When attached to a HQ, selected unit will attempt travel to the HQ location. Reserve unit will be deployed then join the HQ.

- This screen lack the option to sell unit. Since units are sorted in the list (and in grouped as well), it would be a time saver option because I won't have to go through several bases and scroll through a several lists to sell all of those unit.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”