2010's biggest single issue was AI

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Balthagor wrote:Cheat in what way? know where you're units are? I'm not sure how it could "cheat" to make it more effective...?

...but I suppose anything is possible as an option. Maybe discuss in a separate thread?
Legend wrote:Sure we can.... we can instantly transport AI units where you don't want them! mwa! hahaaa.

Oh, I'd love to see the look on Baloogan's face when the AI uses this one on him: cheat instantwin
Infinite money for the AI. DAR doesn't matter for the AI. AI gets resources magically.

How about the AI actually builds structures this time though :D
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

I'd much rather the AI did'nt cheat.

Better if it just managed its resources better.

Building some industry where needed and scaling back unit production and seeking peace when their economy is going down.
red
General

Post by red »

If the AI had intel and LOS just like the player and made decisions depending on skill and so on, I wouldn't mind a "superhuman" setting where it never wants for information and is 100% accurate in decision making, but I think 100% supply and unlimited money would just leave me saying "what's the point?"... yeah AIs are usually worse, but if it can do things you can never do, if the rules of the game don't apply to it (HOI and its stupid, around-the-world destroyers, hundreds of extra divisions appearing out of fog in the most remote corners of Mongolia, or 16-stack AI versus 4-stack human unit limits), then I eventually just become frustrated with it and lose interest
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

I tend to agree with red and dust off: the AI should probably have certain advantages based on its inherent abilities [i.e. the ability to run countless calculations faster then we can], to compensate for its lack of intuition and just plain guts and bravado based on tactical insight and all those human things. But 'cheating' is a funny line to cross.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Keep in mind that just about everyone ive seen ask for the AI to cheat has done so asking it be a player option.

So,you (whoever you might be) the player dont have to use the option.Its simply there for those who want it.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Covfam
Lieutenant

Post by Covfam »

ill be honest i HATE a game that has cheats IMHO to me a game that cheats excessivly is a game the developers didnt want to spent time on and wanted it out on the shelfs grabbing money .. so instead of spending extra time at the cost of some money they put in flashy stuff and cheats and call it a game ... i love SR2010 and one of the reason despite faults is that you guys didnt choose to go flashy and fill the game with a buncha cheats.

ill be honest you have one of the broadest strategy game ive seen in MANY years and i dont want the sequal to be a more streamlined flashy with 2 new features that 90% of the developers do now days.

for example SSI did Fabulous with panzer general, allied general, and pacisfic general and peoples general. all with a mediocre engine... but then they upgraded to panzer general 2 and made it even bettwe with just a few tweeks.. but they got the taste of big money there and mutilated thier franchize with Horrible bugg ridden gimmiky games like starship general, fantasy general and the franchize killer panzer general 3d !.

new world killed thier wildly popular heroes of might an magic series after thier first 3 by making homm 4 and 5 flashy shallow bug ridden ai cheating bug fests.

Please dont follow the trend of strategt game developers of the last decade!

as for ai... you dont even have to come up with any new wild ideas! you have launching points to work off in this game. you have airborn units .... well make them usable by UI and feasable to the player and update the transportation ssystem in game!.

you have special forces units... have them "stealth into a country and sabatage a water supply or have some syphoning some reserch from the enemies lab both slowing thier reaserch down and boosting yours some.

you have ships and subs that can lay and remove mines .... well start having them use them!

you have transport ships ... whell let the AI use them and acyally land anphibious assaults. tweaks the diplomatic system some and allow you to send expiditionary forces to an ally or another country so that you can fight wars by proxy with out declaring war and taking the huge economic hit.

make it so large allied organizations to exist and work. like Nato,SATO,Warsaw pact. ETC so that when one country is attacked in a mega alliance even if the allies dont declare war they send expiditionary forces to your country and possibly monitary or material support.

this game is so huges with so many things to do you dont need to rebuild it ... just ad to the massive greatness it already has and possibly a small graphical update. :)
madjack
Captain

Positioning of Units..

Post by madjack »

I believe that only if the units ai built were placed a bit more wisely, that would be a nice improvement. I hate it when they just build up useless armies around bases.. If they are so angry with me, then why dont they just bring up their armies to the border? And why does that 30 year old artillery battery never moved in 30 years? Why not go and be a reserve in another base? We need an AI that makes some attack or defence plans, and diplomacy.
Feltan
General

Re: Positioning of Units..

Post by Feltan »

madjack wrote:I believe that only if the units ai built were placed a bit more wisely, that would be a nice improvement. I hate it when they just build up useless armies around bases.. If they are so angry with me, then why dont they just bring up their armies to the border? And why does that 30 year old artillery battery never moved in 30 years? Why not go and be a reserve in another base? We need an AI that makes some attack or defence plans, and diplomacy.
Quite so! I discussed this in the heirarchy thread. The implementation of HQ units with units attaching to the HQ would give the AI a brigade-like structure with which to attack/defend in some reasonable manner.

Regards,
Feltan

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”