Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CheefCoach
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Supply mechanism

Post by CheefCoach »

Have u wonder how is supply generate on hex? This is what I have observed:

Level of hex supply is maximum of level of supply of that hex individually and level of supply of nearby hexes reduced by expense of transport supply. That sentence can be confusing so let me explain to you little better, supply can be either produce in that hex, or it can be produced in some other hex and bring in hex. Bringing is costly so supply level is reduced as far u get from the source (roads, railroads and engineer units can reduce losses and increase range). What ever is better self producing or bringing is what that hex supply level is-and that is important to remember.
So let me say what facilities are producing supply, or better list them how much they do:

10% Industrial Complex
30% Small Village, Village, Military complex
40% Small Town, Town, City
50% Large City, Metropolis, Military Fortress (yes Military fortress are great for supply too, they are also changing land structure to close defense)
60% Mega City, Capital City, Oceanic Complex

In addition to them Supply depot adds +20% (several depots will added up) and Port or Airport +30% (only one times out of these two), but they added to facility, not to supply level you have before building. Higher level of infrastructure spending also can add or reduce supply levels (at least +10%, probably much more), but anyway I recommend u to keep Infrastructure as high as u can because of production levels and costs. Now don't forget that supplies are brought too. If your town is smaller than nearby large town with supply depot or airport, no matter how much airports you build you won't get supply level increment (for example 30% town, if that town already have 90% supply efficiency adding airport will be 30+30%=60%<90% so you won't feel supply increase).
Last edited by CheefCoach on Jan 07 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Supply mechanism

Post by Balthagor »

Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Beautifully complex system. Glad you got that wiki back up :)
galin56
Sergeant

Post by galin56 »

I can't understand this mechanism. Please help. When I press button "s" the whole map of country is in one colour. Not in places darker or brighter, completely the same colour, never mind of roads or rails. In over land menue, second tab of left to right, where is writed what is the terrain(jungle,forest,desert,etc.) there is percentage of supply level. But when I build there roads, rails, suplly depots, this level raise verry little, and I can't see to reflect on something. Building time is equal everywhere, factories give the same amount of goods. I don't know. Is there any real effect of this supply level? What is your opinion (someone who playing this game) or I miss something? Or may be is from the version. I think that my version is not the last. I think it is 6.6.1, not 6.8.1.
CheefCoach
Warrant Officer

Post by CheefCoach »

Go in Amazonian and Tibet, and then press S! Simply speaking supplies are produced by towns, military complexes, military forts and industrial complexes. If there is airport or port and supply depots it is producing even more. And they get spread around, it spread better with roads and railroads.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

galin56 wrote:...I think that my version is not the last. I think it is 6.6.1, not 6.8.1.
Be sure and get the latest version. There is no support for previous versions and no reason not to update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
galin56
Sergeant

Post by galin56 »

My mistake. I'm sorry. Last evening I was tried in the country with desert. The level of supply of one city was 10-15%. I build road and it reaches around 30%. Then I build Supply depot and for 2 days jump above 50%. So it works. But may be the colors are not enough contrast so you always have to put an eye on the bar with percents to be sure for the level. But it is work, the mistake is mine.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”