What are the difficulty settings?

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

FlybyU
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

What are the difficulty settings?

Post by FlybyU »

What settings do I need to get the AI to preform the best possible with there military and economy. I have tried many settings and for the military it seems they are smarter with normal setting then they are with very hard. Economy I cannot seem to see a difference in any of the settings for that.

Someone help me with settings that will give the AI the best abilities I have played 8 games with different settings. I have played to Jan 2035 each time and cannot seem to get it right. I want as smart of an AI as possible in both military and economic areas.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: What are the difficulty settings?

Post by Ruges »

You cannot have a good economist and a good militariest AI. Its one or the other. However a good military can come out of a good economy, and a good economy can come out of a good military. But generaly your going to find if a country wants a good military, its economy is going to have to suffer. and if it wants a good economy its military is going to have to suffer.

And thats the way the real world works anyway. Looking back at most wars. specificaly major wars, they are not profitable for the government, Unless your plundering which you dont see to often these days. And modern militaries have become such unsustainable beasts. So I completly agree with BG's stance that if you want a country to succede militarily, it will have to sacrifice some of its economic concerns. And where I think the BG system fails the real world model is it does not consider the initial boost to the private sectors economy. Nore does the AI try to end wars as quickly as possible.

With all that said my personal preferance with the settings is Diplomacy: Very easy, Military Very hard, Economy Normal.

Diplomacy at very easy becouse of the way relations work out. With this settings you will see more countries form clicks. And more of them go to war with each other. When going towards very hard you will wind up in a world where the AI all loves each other and everyone hates the player. Military at very hard so it gets a boost to its effeciency ratings and thus performs a bit better. Economy is the interesting one. its hard to go either way. With it at very easy, the player can quickly swamp the market, and the AI has difficulty being competive on the market basicaly causing the AI to lower its production becouse there is no demand, which hurts the AI's economy. With it at very hard, it is then the AI that over produces resources to the point where they become self suffeciant and countries dont need to import/export as often, ending in ruined world economy.

I have asked BG to seperate some of these settings out of the difficulty settings. Its stupid to have them all bundled into 3 catigories for this game. since some you want some of the effects from both sides of the spectrum. I was hoping they would do this with CW but they have not.
FlybyU
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: What are the difficulty settings?

Post by FlybyU »

Thanks will give that a run starting later on today.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”