Regarding supply and hotspots

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

WretchedKing
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Regarding supply and hotspots

Post by WretchedKing »

Ok what is the best way to supply front line units near the non supplied border. I have tried to use heavy supply trucks and transport planes but the supply trucks just stop once theyve distributed their supplies. Is there a way to keep them resupplying? Do I need to use supply hotspots? How can I select units to service the hotspots?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Regarding supply and hotspots

Post by Ruges »

Unfortunatly you will have to control each supply truck manualy. Sure you can let the AI try to auto manage it via supply hotspots, but the AI does a very poor job of this.

But then it all boils down to stratagy. There are several ways of managing supply.

1) dont use units that use allot of supply
2) dont move your units faster then the supply creep (allot of players have view supply percentage turned on so they can see how quickly it moves up, Also funding transportation will speed this creep up)
3) use stacks of supply units. While trucks can carry allot and are stronger at defense and can be keep in the rear to prevent losses, helicopters can move around the map quicker, going to the high supply area to resupply quickly then moving back in. fixed wing can unload allot of supplies however they require airfields nearby.
4) plan your attacks according to the regions supply. Area's with low supply generaly have less defenses. Dont send your fuel thirsty tanks to that middle of nowhere city, airdrop some infantry into it.

Using any combo of these tactics are part of the stratagy needed to win wars.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”