How fast -should- the game go?

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Iceciro
Corporal
Human: Yes

How fast -should- the game go?

Post by Iceciro »

Hello all! I have a question. I understand that SR2020 is a big game, with a lot of deep thinking and AI moving around to process, but playing through at the speed "fastest" seems to link to for me is absolutely painful; especially when playing a small country which requires development before you can really 'get into' the war and such side of things.

Each 'hour tick' on the clock can take up to a second or more; is this to be expected at fastest, or am I getting below the normal speed? Is it because I have a mid speed (3.7ghz) six rather than a maxed out 4? Per some of the threads, I've set affinity to a single core and process priority to realtime (and also tried very high); this doesn't get me an increase in overall speed but -does- make the game run choppy, especially if a war has broken out.

I've searched the forum for threads, but my first question is how fast should I expect turns, then if I'm not meeting that I can look at how to fix the problem at hand.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: How fast -should- the game go?

Post by Balthagor »

Near the start of the game, SR2020 could get 18-20sec/day on a good system.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Iceciro
Corporal

Post by Iceciro »

I actually picked up Cold War and it goes much, much faster... so maybe I'll just swap to that like the rest of the forums seem to have.
adige
Warrant Officer

Post by adige »

What can I do to increase game speed??? Mod or manuel file change ???
1 day for me 15-20 second it is too long because I used to HOI3 and now it is look so boring.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”