Question about Barracks

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

chuatzekai
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Question about Barracks

Post by chuatzekai »

I have a big battle with Thailand and have like 40+ damaged units which I need to repair as soon as possible to win the war.

If I send all the 40 units into 1 barrack to repair, will it be the same speed for the repairs to be completed compare to if I send some of those damaged units to 2 other barracks far away? Or is 1 barrack enough?

I am thinking of whether to build more barracks around that battle zone but it seems like Thailand is matching me in terms of units reproducing when they have only 1 barracks and much fewer land fabs than me.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Question about Barracks

Post by GIJoe597 »

Regardless of how many units you have in for repair, they all repair at same rate.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Only thing you should be aware is that the more units you send for repairs the more military goods you need for their repair. So if you are scarce with mil-goods sending too much units to repair can stop the rapairs if they use up all the stocks...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
chuatzekai
Sergeant

Post by chuatzekai »

Then it doesn't makes sense to have 2 or more barracks at the same location when 1 barrack will repair any number of damaged units at the same rate.

In logic terms, Devs should enhance the game whereby more barracks can repair more units faster..

But thanks guys, at least now i know what strategy I should follow.. More Land Fabs instead of barracks!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Building more than one barrack in one hex has no sense whatsoever. You should build barracks in strategical positions so they are close but not too close to where the fighing is.

As for the "more barracks = faster repair" it makes no sense to me either. Having more barracks should allow more units to be repaird at the same time not to be repaird faster. And since there is no restriction to how many units you can repair in single barracks I see no need for implementing what you asked. But that is just my opinion... :wink:
chuatzekai
Sergeant

Post by chuatzekai »

Agree in some way. But what I meant was in real life, if you have 20 damaged units and you split it 10 by 10 units to be repaired by two repair factories, as compared to 20 units repaired by 1 factory, definately the two factories will complete faster in repairing the 20 units.

That will make sense for players to build more barracks nearby to speed up repairs. For now in SR2020, the gamers cannot speed up repairs in any ways, which is not realistic. :)

Takes Taiwan for example, the island only needs 1 barrack for defensive purposes. But what if one day its military grows to the same amount of units as China or USA and one barrack in that location is still sufficient to repair all the huge numbers of those units isn't very realistic.

Just my opinion.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

chuatzekai wrote:...But what I meant was in real life, if you have 20 damaged units and you split it 10 by 10 units to be repaired by two repair factories, as compared to 20 units repaired by 1 factory, definately the two factories will complete faster in repairing the 20 units.
In real life number of factories determines the speed of repairs only by its capacity and there is no capacity for baracks in the game so we lose the need for having more than one barracks in hex.

To avoid turning whole state in a huge barracks the developers made barracks able to repair unlimited number of units that are repaired at the same time...adding more units to repair doesn't slow the process down because it is "compensated" by hiring more work force (not literaly hiring but it acts like you just expanded your factory) so there is no use of more baracks in the same hex...
chuatzekai
Sergeant

Post by chuatzekai »

Fair enough if the game is geared towards workforce instead of by buildings. :wink:

Anyway just sharing some opinions, nothing important. I will rather the devs solve the Cold War bugs first and roll out updates 2 asap, cheers.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

same here :lol:

I'm just killing time till SRCW update 2 comes out :wink:

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”