Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SpArTaCuZ19
Corporal
Human: Yes

Tips on playing with Israel

Post by SpArTaCuZ19 »

Hi!
I'm new to this game, and i want to play as Israel and annex Syria, Lebenon, Jordan and Iran.
Got any tips for getting started?

Also i have few questions.
1.I played with Israel and annex Lebenon but I could'nt put few units into reserve. I ordered them reserve but thay stood still! what to do?
2.Alot of scenerios i played i ordered few unit but more than half of them did not moved! why is that?
3.I'm really lost when i need to research or build something! how do I know what to research or build?

Also sorry for any mistakes in the languege I'm Israelian so English is'nt my mother languege....
so please help me I love the game even the bugs and complextivity.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Tips on playing with Israel

Post by GIJoe597 »

1. My first guess is they have no supply yet. Takes a bit after a country falls.
2. This makes my think it is a Rules of Engagement issue. Is your defense minister turned off or on?
3. What you research and/or build is entirely up to you and your individual play style.

Search these forums for key words, there are several threads with good info in them. Give that a try and see if you find some suggestions.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
SpArTaCuZ19
Corporal

Post by SpArTaCuZ19 »

thanks man i got all sort out but i need tip for israel because i annex lebenon and get crushed by syria.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Defense, defense, defense.

Before you do anything, set up strong defenensive lines.
1st row entrenched ground units.
2nd row, artillery.
Fully Garrison every facility.

Deploy every AAA unit your have as close to the borders as you can.
Mass your Air Force as a reaction force.

If you hunker down and can survive the initial AI charges, you have won. The ai will soon stop massing its forces and will start to send them in ones or twos. This is the moment you own them.

SpArTaCuZ19
Corporal

Post by SpArTaCuZ19 »

GIJoe597 wrote:Defense, defense, defense.

Before you do anything, set up strong defenensive lines.
1st row entrenched ground units.
2nd row, artillery.
Fully Garrison every facility.

Deploy every AAA unit your have as close to the borders as you can.
Mass your Air Force as a reaction force.

If you hunker down and can survive the initial AI charges, you have won. The ai will soon stop massing its forces and will start to send them in ones or twos. This is the moment you own them.
ummmm....
I played multipe time as Israel and never got attack or DOW'ed without me DOW'ing someone with no CB.
I need more tips pn economy sight...
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

When you attack someone else, are you not attacked back by multiple countries? That would be the defense part. As far as economy goes, search the forums many, many, many ways to handle your economy, pick one that works for you.

SpArTaCuZ19
Corporal

Post by SpArTaCuZ19 »

GIJoe597 wrote:When you attack someone else, are you not attacked back by multiple countries? That would be the defense part. As far as economy goes, search the forums many, many, many ways to handle your economy, pick one that works for you.
Well in every game i attack first Lebenon and never get attacked by anyone alse.
but after I annex Lebenon I repair my unit and attack SYria, but every time i LOSE!
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

I've been learning this game mostly as Israel, and in more than half my games Syria DOW's me right out of the blue. It's usually very early in the game so I'll negotiate a peace treaty with them, and then can prepare to go after them at my leisure. I'll buy the BB artillery tech that gives a range bonus to gun based artillery, so they can be a hex farther back from the front lines. That allows me to have a dug in front row, then a 2nd row of similar units, then artillery in 3rd row, with AA missile batteries farther back. This way when Syria attacks (on their own, or me DOWing when I'm ready), the artillery is ordered to continuously bombard the 1st row of hexes on Syria's side, while my own front line holds them there. The AI will quickly rotate stacks out as they are damaged and replace them with fresh units, which receive the same warm welcome. My AA missile batteries reduce the Syrian air force attacking me, and help reduce the damage I'll take from Syrian surface-to-surface missiles fired from deep on their side. As my own front line units wear down, I rotate out ones in danger using my 2nd row reserves. I also have all my Fighter-Bomber units grouped and will use them as surgical strikes against the enemy units that present the biggest danger (like those friggin SSM launchers). Even Israel's superior army cant smash into Syria without letting them grind themselves to a nub first. I counter-attacked unpreparedly once after they DOW'd me and fought my way nearly to their capital, but started losing units left and right eventually meanwhile they just kept pouring more units out like a clown car at the circus, lol.
Lost control and went off the steep learning curve.
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

and of course all due respect to GIJoe597, btw. I wasn't at all trying to one up an expert player like him. After playing Hearts Of Iron 2, I knew better than to fly off an attack another region in 2020 even if they are fielding 50 year old antiques. And my previous post was just my personal deployment. :D
Lost control and went off the steep learning curve.
SpArTaCuZ19
Corporal

Post by SpArTaCuZ19 »

NukemRico wrote:and of course all due respect to GIJoe597, btw. I wasn't at all trying to one up an expert player like him. After playing Hearts Of Iron 2, I knew better than to fly off an attack another region in 2020 even if they are fielding 50 year old antiques. And my previous post was just my personal deployment. :D
I'm really sorry, I started to read but when you talked about Syria DOW you on the start, I just cant accept it that Syria DOW everyone exept me!
I never got DOW from Syria or any other nation after and before annexing Lebenon.
and also i got lost when reading your upper comment.(no offense)
BTW I'm also an HOI2 player.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I am not an expert on anything. Any input I add on these forums is pure "opinion". Different things work for different people. It seems a lot of people are used to a game where there is a clear cut way of A beating B. In these types of games (SR series for example), there are multiple ways to handle any given situation. I cannot stress enough the importance of people reading the various posts on what subject you are curious about, check out the Wiki and play around a bit in the game.

Some things there are of course a hard answer for, like what is the unit stack limit. But, many things are approachable from a myriad of directions and the only way to know what will work for you, me or her, is to actually jump in and try it out. Just like we constantly preach in Eve, there is no "best", only what works for you in a given situation.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”