just curious about the number of regular players

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

NukemRico
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

just curious about the number of regular players

Post by NukemRico »

hey all. I really love this game and was just curious how many peeps still play on a halfway regular basis. My computer cant handle CW just yet, although I'll upgrade in time cause 2020 is so good, and the Cold War is one of my favorite eras. I know that 2020 is 3 yrs old and that not everyone who plays visits the forums, but would anyone who does play care to chime in just out of curiosity? :)
Lost control and went off the steep learning curve.
zorro
Sergeant

Re: just curious about the number of regular players

Post by zorro »

I just started to play myself. From what I gathered there was not many 2020 players to begin with. Most have moved to cold war, there are some remaining here but its not very active.
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

the forums over at Paradox were/are pretty active for this game, but I bought my copy used and so the serial has already been used I think because it wont let me post over there. (you have to register each game you want to post about over there) :-(
zorro
Sergeant

Post by zorro »

Paradox forums is an extremely active community. It spoils you fast. I’ll post on their forum wait about 2 minutes and refresh and usually there are several replies by then.

You should be able to post you won't have access to the tech support forum though. They make you register because they were having problems with people with burned/pirated copies of their games asking for tech support. Wasted a lot of their time so they make you register your game before you can have access to the tech support forum.
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

DOH! I was trying to register my game under Supreme Ruler 2020, but I have Supreme Ruler 2020: Gold. registered successfully! :D *does his happy dance*
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I still play 2020 6.8.1, although we are on vacation now and I do not have access to my computer. I have not yet purchased CW, because experience has taught me to wait a year or so for patches. I am still willing to play MP games provided there is a goal and at least one rule or two. Not interested in games where people can drop in at random and cause mayhem for regular players.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
smygsork
Captain

Post by smygsork »

For me SR2020 have been a game I play a lot for a week or two followed by a long break only to pick it up again a couple of months later. I guess now is a good time for another go. :-)
Antonin
Lieutenant

Post by Antonin »

I still play SR2020 regularly. I have one game going on the desktop PC as Iran, and another on the laptop as South Africa.

I'd love to buy SRCW, but I don't think my desktop could handle it. The last time I tried the demo it was slow and choppy. I might have another go, because the video card on the desktop died and I had to buy a new one that is slightly better than the old one.

Still, I'm disappointed that SRCW seems to be a step too far for my 5 year old computer's graphics.

But I am very much enjoying SR2020.
Roland040
Colonel

Post by Roland040 »

Hello i still have my game on my system along with all my other strategy games from Paradox etc. And i admit i really havent got totally into them as much as many of you have. Not because im unhappy or critical of the games, far from it. But sadly like many others here i expect, as you get older you have far too many other things to do and other interests to occupy yourself when you have freetime. But i prefer to play these games in small doses and take my time and gradually as i learn more of the game, or any others set up my own goals. Because as i cant give 24/7 to anything now, the AI in most cases because mainly of lack of time achieving my goals ends up beating me. I find with having several games on my hard drive and taking my time it makes my games last longer and i enjoy in my own time learning something new and connecting how things work out gradually. I would feel if i spent too much time on a game and things went wrong too often then i would feel the game must be buggy, or i would get bored with it quickly. Yes im glad of these games and i would have enjoyed them more in my younger days, but just dont rush things take your time. :wink:
mrusso1983
Lieutenant

Post by mrusso1983 »

Played it last night. In fact, it was 5.32 which has a decent trainer :P

BTW, does anyone know of a stats screen showing military losses, etc., like in 2010. It's not in the old 2020 manual anyway.

Edit:
Found it: "A"

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”