Econ 101

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

zorro
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Econ 101

Post by zorro »

I have 7 researches going on. Other than that I have been letting the AI run my region, well everything but research and the military. Guess I will need to run everything myself. Heres the pics hopefully they are better than the last.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Econ 101

Post by GIJoe597 »

Its not very bad at all, only 216M a day in the red. I suggest continuing to let the ai handle the industry, it is the one thing it does well.

I would work on getting Uranium and Petro production up to where you can sell excess to world market.

Do you have any Petroleum Power Plants? If yes, scrap them as soon as you can. Petro is the most expensive power type there is. Coal is the best choice when money is an issue and you need quick, cheap power. Later you may want to look at Fusion and Cold Fusion. That is a long term plan though.

Unemployment - Put those idle people to work in new Petro and Uranium plants. Also look at your industry, if there are any operating at higher than 30% markup look to increase production capability. As you lower the domestic cost more people will demand the product, netting you more from sales. As you increase the production capability, (build more factories), more people will be put to work, increasing your tax base. win win. I have found 4% to be a decent unemployment figure.

You can do small things like turning off any military fab not currently producing units. Also, prioritize your unit production, since your immediate main battles are going to be land based, cease naval production till later when your economy is in better shape.

Research - Research the best land unit you have and the best air plane. All other slots can be used to research any tech that increases production of a resource or lowers cost. If need be, turn off some research slots. Any techs that have been partially researched will resume at the same point when you start on them again. so you lose nothing.

Keep at it, based on these pics you are not doing badly at all, just need a bit more income.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Sep 29 2011, edited 2 times in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
zorro
Sergeant

Post by zorro »

Economy is taking off now thanks again GIJoe. Built more Oil plants. Mainly just gas fields (what I have in PA). I figured it would do well as It was making decent money with unfavorable selling conditions. Right now that changed and I'm making 3,111M selling oil a day and its been rising. Also doing well on consumer goods. I have alot of plants for them. 1 because I had a bad shortage before so I built alot and 2 it became very profitable. That stopped for a long time but now sells have jumped to 1,646M. Unemplotment is at 5% so thinking of building more consumer goods plants. (Only so many spots for gas fields I have left almost taped out.

Uranium is a problem at the moment have now in my region. New York is the closest but I have all the treaties with them except formal allaince. Still decided if I should invade them or not. A big bonus would be having a land conection with Ontario and all those rich Uranium reserves.

For research I've searched around the forum and someone said improving your infrastructure so I been researching those techs along with any resource boosts. Though I'd like to put more into warfare still need to catch up to the big dogs in North America thought I'm more advanced than my neighbors.

My overall tax rate is still at 70% do I need to lock the AI from this and lower it?

*EDIT*Something I just been wondering why am I selling items one day then the next I'm not selling anything. Then the next day jumps back up. Every item does that except for Fresh Water for some reason.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Your sales will fluctuate based on worldwide demand as well as the amount of excess you have, if any.

I favor locking the ai out of everything, except day to day resource/production, so yes, I suggest locking your Finance Minister out. Try lowering the low income about 5 %, see what happens over 6 months’ time. If things look good start fiddling with them all to get the overall tax rate lower. I tend to have low income the lowest, small business next highest, then corp then "those nasty rich people". The masses want Blue ray players, Android phones, new cars etc, when they pay less tax they can afford to spend more on consumer goods. The small business and corporations create more jobs when they have lower taxes, means more tax income and more people spending, yay.

I am a very strong proponent of MAXing your Infrastructure spending, even if it initially hurts your income. Infrastructure has been said to be a combination of many things, such as vehicles that deliver raw materials to the factories, replacement parts for equipment that fails, good roads and rails to ensure rapid movement of products. This all helps factories produce more in the long run with a cheaper production cost.

I look forward to reading more of your exploits; I am living vicariously through you as I have no access to the game while on vacation.

zorro
Sergeant

Post by zorro »

GIJoe597 wrote:I look forward to reading more of your exploits; I am living vicariously through you as I have no access to the game while on vacation.
Enjoy your vacation! You’ve done most of the heavy lifting in my 1st game anyways might as well.

Doing for well economy wise I’m the second producer of oil just under Saudi Arabia. For whatever reason oil, water, and consumer goods have gone through the roof. Making 17,000M off of trade a day.

All the domestic markups have skyrocketed. They range from 125% - 250% so I guess this means there is even more room for profit by building industries to increase production? Will this hurt my economy if I don’t increase production? My GDP is at $53,100 is it time to start worrying about it?

I have been trying to lower my GDP by cutting social spending and raising taxes but this has dropped my approval rating as well. Think I need to switch to a dictatorship.

Money isn’t an issue for me anymore. Played for awhile uneventful, built up more industries. Also purchased all available techs from California and Texas. Expanded my military production capabilities as well. 50 land, 47 missiles, and 11 aircraft fabrications. My game plan was to begin phasing out my old units with new ones but before I could Ohio (my former ally) broke all treaties and invaded.

Too my surprise I could not mobilize my reserves learned the hard way that military buildings and units require personal and I was maxed out. Had to shut down all my missile fabricators to get the personal I needed to get all my units out of reserve. So I contained the attacked and pushed forward.

Ohio had a lot of troops to the North but they are just sitting there so oh well. Left a small force to hold them in place if they advance and moved everything else to the capital. I used up all my missiles already and cannot produce more (as I mentioned above). They put up a good fight around their capital a lot of units dug in. In the end I just had too many tanks and won the war of attrition. Now I’m working on getting my forces upgraded and building up reserves.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

zorro wrote:Also purchased all available techs from California and Texas.

Be careful with this, some techs have a bonus to technology level. If you purchase the tech you do not get the bonus.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”