scrap button

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

chosen25
Sergeant
Human: Yes

scrap button

Post by chosen25 »

When you are on the resource screen, lets say I have info on consumer goods. I then hit the button to show how many consumer factories there are..lets say I 50. Lets say I want to drop it to 45. If I hit the scrap button, what is the AI, computers reason for scrapping the building it selects? Does it take from the least supplied? buildings in "unfriendly" first? I was just wonding. Normally I take the time to go through and scrap the ones I want but sometimes I dont feel like it...lol. thanks!!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: scrap button

Post by Balthagor »

It's been a long time since we set the rules for these, but I believe it is the 'least outputting' facility, meaning it factors both loyalty and supply together when deciding which one to shut down, as both affect output. Since you pay the same maintenance for each one, the one that's giving you the least output is considered the least efficient.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
chosen25
Sergeant

Post by chosen25 »

Thanks for the quick reply!!! that was what I wanted to hear!!! Been awhile since I posted, But as usually it was a quick helupful responce..thanks a ton for this great game and being loyal to its followers.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
LongReach
Corporal

Post by LongReach »

Balthagor wrote:It's been a long time since we set the rules for these, but I believe it is the 'least outputting' facility, meaning it factors both loyalty and supply together when deciding which one to shut down, as both affect output. Since you pay the same maintenance for each one, the one that's giving you the least output is considered the least efficient.
No, it doesn't do that. 6.8.1 at least still scraps the last added facility. If you build 6 IG, wait a year, build another 6 IG, and then scrap three, they will come out of the second set. If you invade another country, its facilities get added to the end of your list, and so get scrapped first. Maybe this was changed to the behavior you mention in SRCW. That would be a very good thing indeed, since scrapping facilities in invaded countires is one of the most frequent and tedious tasks in the game.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Someone else got a confirm on this? That the AI will sometimes scrap a "more efficient" facility first?

I'll try and test it myself but another pair of eyes wouldn't hurt.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Plenty of free time but can only download the expansion from gamers gate, did not bring the original disk with me. :( I am curious about this also, although I manually check supply %'s when I am going to scrap facilities.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”