In game encyclopedia of units, buildings, concepts, etc

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

antemalagon
Sergeant
Human: Yes

In game encyclopedia of units, buildings, concepts, etc

Post by antemalagon »

One main thing I noticed in this game is the lack of information on pretty much every aspect of it. Alot of times starting out I was left wondering what effects something really had, or what a vehicle did whether it provided supplies etc. I eventually learned it all and found alot of resources online, but future versions should have something like civilization has. In civ there is the in game civopedia that explains everything in detail from game concepts to units or resources. The future games need something like this that is easily accessible through a right click menu or tool bar.

it would be nice to know things like the wieght of a vehicle when it is fully loaded with ammo and fuel, or what supply vehicles supply what. ( I still cant tell if cargo aircraft are actually supplying vehicles on the ground or if it is just some bug where any supply vehicle tries to supply another un-supplied vehicle regardless if it really can) Also more great information would be the current output of facilities with the upgraded technologies (i.e. in the information for a fusion plant show its vanilla production, then what bonuses its receiving, and then the final production output) It would also be nice to immediately know the output to maintenance ratio to compare plants more effectively.
VileThings
Warrant Officer

Re: In game encyclopedia of units, buildings, concepts, etc

Post by VileThings »

I wholeheartedly agree.
antemalagon wrote: ( I still cant tell if cargo aircraft are actually supplying vehicles on the ground or if it is just some bug where any supply vehicle tries to supply another un-supplied vehicle regardless if it really can)
Transport aircraft will supply any units below them with both fuel and ammunition.
antemalagon
Sergeant

Post by antemalagon »

well that's good to know =) I was pretty sure they were dropping supplies but alot of times on islands I had units that would continue trying to head back to a base they couldn't get to, amass on the coast and then get slaughtered by enemy units even though airplanes were resupplying them =/
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Also more great information would be the current output of facilities with the upgraded technologies
Might not be what your asking for per se but.....If you bring up a construction menu of any Commodity facility and the hold your cursor over the hexes that are producing that commodity, it will show you the ouput as a daily figure. Example, Attempt to build a Petro Power plant and then hold the cursor over any hex that contains any type of Power facility. The number at the bottom will show you the previous days output.
Wasicun
Sergeant

Post by Wasicun »

antemalagon wrote:One main thing I noticed in this game is the lack of information on pretty much every aspect of it. Alot of times starting out I was left wondering what effects something really had, or what a vehicle did whether it provided supplies etc. I eventually learned it all and found alot of resources online, but future versions should have something like civilization has. In civ there is the in game civopedia that explains everything in detail from game concepts to units or resources. The future games need something like this that is easily accessible through a right click menu or tool bar.

it would be nice to know things like the wieght of a vehicle when it is fully loaded with ammo and fuel, or what supply vehicles supply what. ( I still cant tell if cargo aircraft are actually supplying vehicles on the ground or if it is just some bug where any supply vehicle tries to supply another un-supplied vehicle regardless if it really can) Also more great information would be the current output of facilities with the upgraded technologies (i.e. in the information for a fusion plant show its vanilla production, then what bonuses its receiving, and then the final production output) It would also be nice to immediately know the output to maintenance ratio to compare plants more effectively.

Totaly agree

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”