Well, this is different

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Boeing707
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Well, this is different

Post by Boeing707 »

I've been playing Supreme Ruler 2020 for about a year now and just got the new update. With how long I've been playing it, I've never seen the AI break alliances with each other. The first time I saw it, I nearly started laughing out loud because it was so unexpected. :lol: Is there also a way for the player to break just one treaty?
NephilimNexus
Lieutenant

Re: Well, this is different

Post by NephilimNexus »

Oh the AI breaks alliances aplenty... well, they do when one party honks off the world bad enough.

Start an unprovoked war to max your CB with everyone & build up your armies enough and your lifelong allies will turn on you faster than your dealer buddy on his way to jail.

Generally, though, Allies are usually very forgiving of your transgressions against the world... up to a point. But yes, even they have their limits. I've also found that your proximity to them may be a factor (for instance, when I play Michigan then England couldn't care less what I do to Ohio but Ontario gets antsy pretty quick). Military build-up also seems to weigh in military bases just as much as, if not more than, actual military units. Stick fortresses along your allies' borders and they start getting nervous, even if you've got no actual troops manning them.
chosen25
Sergeant

Post by chosen25 »

the fortress thing, along borders...is that a way to get someone (non ally) to attack also?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

yup

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”