Update 8 Announcement

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

grat2112
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Update 8 Announcement

Post by grat2112 »

Thought there was something like that, (sigh) back to the beginning again. Thanks for the quick response :)
Tophat
Lieutenant

Post by Tophat »

Foolish me,I uninstalled my original Supreme Ruler 2020 and bought a copy of the gold addition. [_]O I certainly don't mind because that gives you cash to make more games for me to enjoy. Can't wait to pickup Cold War when its released.
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Hmmmm ... I might be a little slow .... but what is new for those of us who already had version 7 ?

I have read the lists and cant really find something that I didnt think was already in the game ?

Dont get me wrong - I dont complain, its my favourite game of all time - but 11 hour working days makes me a little too tired to read between the lines...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

not much, mostly housecleaning and "under the hood" stuff. Some map fixes. Command units won't go on Amphibious excursions anymore :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
oberkommando
Major

Post by oberkommando »

I am having issues installing. I have SR2020 and i´ve installed the 6.8.1 but it shows the version 5 when i log into the game´s main window. Any ideas?

EDIT: Got it, wrong .exe
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Could someone remind me how to update it if I have the game on an external hard drive and play it through a computer? I managed to do the 5.0 update, but that was a long time ago, and I forgot how.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you installed it on the computer all you need to do is run the update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
kxx
Sergeant

Post by kxx »

Question: If, in 10 year i want to update the cd/dvd version on my "windowsXP-box" or whatever, do i only need the 6.8.1 exe file, or do i need all prior updates to get to version 6.8.1?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

6.8.1 contains all previous updates.

Something that I believe has been missed in previous comments, users should reset their options after installing the update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
kxx
Sergeant

Post by kxx »

I just want to say Thank You for giving me the gold edition which was impossible to get via ebay/amazon without paying a fortune.
antemalagon
Sergeant

Post by antemalagon »

Just some quick questions.

Is 2020 going to continue to be updated with cold war coming out?
Will another modern era version come out with a better interface, something more intuitive and informational?
Is cold war going to be compatible in any way with 2020 to where 2020 could make use of the newer coldwar interface ?

I'm more a fan of the modern era and the future when it comes to a game like this so I was just hoping to see 2020 get upgrades to it interface, graphics and all that as well =)
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

Unless something critical is found, I'm quite sure patch support is SR2020 is over, only technical help will still happen
Personally, I prefer modern day/future as well, but tbh, SRCW would be quite simple to mod for more modern day anyway (though time-consuming granted)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

SR2020 save files are not compatible with SR-CW
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
antemalagon
Sergeant

Post by antemalagon »

gotcha =) thanks for the info. Hopefully supreme ruler 2030 after cold war =) with more politics involved =) perhaps random events like *random country* refuses to stop nuclear program or something or other world events like genocides etc that would cause you to have to intervene. also an overhauled interface with more information, the ability to steal technology through espionage etc =) so much potential. This game could easily beat out any RTS out there but needs a great deal of small additions mostly in the information department for the player =)
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

antemalagon wrote:gotcha =) thanks for the info. Hopefully supreme ruler 2030 after cold war =) with more politics involved =) perhaps random events like *random country* refuses to stop nuclear program or something or other world events like genocides etc that would cause you to have to intervene. also an overhauled interface with more information, the ability to steal technology through espionage etc =) so much potential. This game could easily beat out any RTS out there but needs a great deal of small additions mostly in the information department for the player =)
Why not Supreme Ruler : Middle Age :-)
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”