Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Swelego
Corporal
Human: Yes

Non-military Relational Development

Post by Swelego »

Hi all,

Great game.

I don't know whether this topic has come up before, so this can be repetitive.
I was wondering about adding a feature for us discrete warhawks. I mean the ability to send other non-military units besides spies abroad. Not to make things more complicated, but to assist in diplomatic/economic relations.

3 new units can be:
1. Tourist
2. Businessmen
3. Diplomats

Tourist
Be only transported as spies to foreign tourist centers in order to spend money there and aide the home land in its economy and improves relations between the two countries over time.

Businessmen
The same as above, but only transport to foreign business centers. However, money is given from the home land to the player over time.

Diplomat
Same transport as the spy, but only to foreign capitals. This improves relations over time and increases trustworthiness of treaties, as lone as there is an embassy there.

All units do not disclose military units, since these are civilian units.

Well, what do you think?

Pls give feedback. I would love to play this game with these added features.

Swelego
sirveri
Colonel

Re: Non-military Relational Development

Post by sirveri »

I like the idea, but SR2020 is at feature lock due to the work on SR:CW, and this isn't really something that can be modded in. But I would like to have alternate routes of accomplishing various techniques. As it stands SR2020 is basically a grognard warsim, since that's clearly where the vast majority of the effort went on research and processing.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
Swelego
Corporal

Post by Swelego »

Thx for the feedback.

OK. This is to all you modders out there. Can you make two new units similar to spy unit pic or new pic, but call one tourist and the other businessman. Create the necessary mod files and send me a link to download them.

Give the new units the qualities of above so they don't act like spies.

Thx
Swelego
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

Swelego wrote:OK. This is to all you modders out there. Can you make two new units similar to spy unit pic or new pic, but call one tourist and the other businessman. Create the necessary mod files and send me a link to download them.
Like I said, that's really not actually possible. It would require modifications to the game source code, which is something that the modding community can't touch.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sirveri wrote:
Swelego wrote:OK. This is to all you modders out there. Can you make two new units similar to spy unit pic or new pic, but call one tourist and the other businessman. Create the necessary mod files and send me a link to download them.
Like I said, that's really not actually possible. It would require modifications to the game source code, which is something that the modding community can't touch.
Can't blame them. If I could mod all the stuff i wanted to into Sr2020 i'd be less likely to purchase cold war :lol:
Here's to hoping they include some of the things I want into coldwar :wink:
(I'd still be happier with a new 2020 expansion) :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”