Is it cheaper to destroy facilities instead of closing them?

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hakkarin
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Is it cheaper to destroy facilities instead of closing them?

Post by hakkarin »

What is the difference between destroying a facility and simply closing it besides the obvious fact that the former removes it from the game?

Does destroying a factory/facility mean less upkeep costs compared to what you would save simply by destroying it?

For example, if I were to take over a country would it not be better in the long term to just destroy all of the facilities there and then rebuild them in your homeland where there is no risk of revolts and no production penalties involved?
samuel1991
Warrant Officer

Re: Is it cheaper to destroy facilities instead of closing t

Post by samuel1991 »

Does destroying a factory/facility mean less upkeep costs compared to what you would save simply by destroying it?
I guess you meant

Does destroying a factory/facility mean less upkeep costs compared to what you would save simply by deactivate it?

I guess no difference. If you deactivate it and too much of it, then unemployment will rise (And if you build too much in the first place, you may face lack of manpower to activate it).

Source: One of my game with the world most military unit fabrication plants (50+ land, 50+ air, 50+ naval and 35 missiles and I mainly face issues on activating air / naval initally when 30 ~ 40 of them have built). I play as DPRK (North Korea). This amount of fabrication plant is more than US alone (By more than 10 plants to 150% of it) and in all aspects (Land,Air,Naval,Missile) exceeds China + Russia combined. (And this is how I gain people's CB against me for almost all countries, except Russia, Nigeria and Ghana and I also got China to have 100% CB against me.)
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Scrap = Slowly dismantle, get back the resources you used to create it.

Destroy = Destroy, you get nothing back. (maybe you would rather not let an enemy have the building and they are advancing on it)

In no instance will you get back the money used to create them.

Concering building in your home territory to avoid revolts. You will not have a revolt once you have conquered another country, it is now you land, partisans cannot spawn. There will still be the % penalty for loyalty.

I tend to turn facilities off for the most part, if not needed. The exception is very badly placed facilities a country has once I took it over. If they are less than 85% supply I will normally scrap them. A good example of this is Brazil, they have some very remote facilities with little supply.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

I need to do more testing.

I have however noticed that the efficiency spending for research won't decrease in price until you actually scrap the research facilities, turning them off does not suffice.

My guess is that you will still pay some annual maintenance costs if the facility is inactive, while if you scrap the facility it won't exist and thus there can't be an annual maintenance cost.

The main reason I scrap facilities if for two reasons, efficiency (I always scrap micro consumer goods upon pickup for example), and game lag.
Game lag because; less facilities = less calcs => higher speed.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

That is a good point about the smaller facilities. I also scrap them when I take over a country. I build nothing but regular/normal once I can.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

I have always gotten rid of the Small and Medium facilities when I can. I see them as inefficient in my overall goals, an replace them with the 'big' boys.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”