How much do you use the AI minsters?

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hakkarin
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

How much do you use the AI minsters?

Post by hakkarin »

When you play the game how much do you use the AI ministers? And what tasks do you assign them? Do you have them manage the economy? The army? etc.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: How much do you use the AI minsters?

Post by Ruges »

Generaly I have all my units locked. However I do unlock some units when I want the minister to control them. For instance say I want to round up a bunch of infantry that are spread out across the map. I will manualy move a bunch of transport choppers to the area. unlock them, then select the land units I want moved and then select transport by air. That way its all done automaticaly and I dont have to go around and pick each and every one up by myself. somtimes I will do the same thing when transporting units over seas with ships. Although generaly I still do that manualy so I dont want my battlegroups messed up. When it comes to the economy I liked to start with them all locked, Then manualy adjust everything myself. Although somtimes in some situations I will unlock them. (for instance if I have a resource that I am neither importing or exporting for profit I will somtimes open it up for the AI to run as there is nothing for me todo with it. But even so they are still usualy locked becouse I like to have very high taxes on my commodities. Taxes and social spending also stay locked. Becouse of the way I like my economy run, I dont like the AI touching it.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I only let the minister handle the day to day resource market. Everything else and all other ministers/activites are locked out.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Jan 30 2011, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I like to micromanage. I really dont want them doing anything unless its something I dont really dont want or need to micromanage.
Mostly it goes like this for me on Day 1

Production minister is locked out of everything and assigned no priorities. If I ever unlock him out anything its usually Electricity after I have become way over self sufficient.

Research minister is locked out from spending in all 3 catagories and no priorities set.

Finance minister is locked out of social spending and taxes and depends on the region and circumstances if I lock him out of issuing bonds. No priorities.

State has those 2 priorities checked, it does seem to make a difference in the amount of offers you receive.

Defense minister is locked out of spending and garrison control , I also take him out of the loop by putting military initiative to none in all 3 branches and make sure hes not set up to autobuild anything. I may prioritize him to increase reserve personnel depending on the region I play. Ill go even further when I have I certain air and sea transports and other units I dont want the AI messing with by locking the minister from control in the ROE. That way when I do a air transport order for a group of units, those aircraft and units that I have "tagged" not to respond are where they are supposed to be when I need them. He uses the ones that hes allowed to use. Same for ships.

Of course, there are a few times when I let the AI do everything and put the game of full blast and see what it does.
Benjaminvallen1
Major

Post by Benjaminvallen1 »

I use them virtually not at all. I lock them out of most things, except trade. I usually leave trade to what I like to think of as 'market control', allowing my ministers to sell according to prices and such. It's part of my limited government philosophy, I suppose, along with my low taxes/low spending programs. How that jives with centralizing the power of my ministers, I dunno. :lol: Call it cutting bureaucracy. 8)

I've been taking it to an interesting level in my latest game, though I haven't had much time to experiment due to college classes. I've slashed taxes across the board four separate times, with minor cuts in spending in Social Assistance and other areas, with minor increases in Law Enforcement, Healthcare, Infrastructure, and Education. (Ordinarily, in real life I should say, I oppose federal involvement in healthcare and education, but, this is a game, and it is set up to run a certain way.) I've been fascinated to watch the steady economic growth and how I'm able to easily sustain my construction projects and vast military expansion. The world trembles, as arises in the East the Rising Sun! A new empire is born, on principles of limited government and freedom. Oh the irony... :lol:
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Benjaminvallen1 wrote:......Oh the irony...
Hahaha, yea really, I find myself doing the same all the time, even thow in RL I would never support such actions. Well unless I was shown how it would be better in the end. And this leads me to wonder if this is what also happens in RL. When somone gets into a place of power with the intentions of reducing costs and raising gains, Only to get there and realize it is not possible, and lowing costs would have such dire consiquences.
Benjaminvallen1
Major

Ruges wrote:
Benjaminvallen1 wrote:......Oh the irony...
Hahaha, yea really, I find myself doing the same all the time, even thow in RL I would never support such actions. Well unless I was shown how it would be better in the end. And this leads me to wonder if this is what also happens in RL. When somone gets into a place of power with the intentions of reducing costs and raising gains, Only to get there and realize it is not possible, and lowing costs would have such dire consiquences.
I don't see it as ironic that my programs are working, as I see through history they would work IRL. What I mean is the irony of a free democracy with limited government going imperial on their neighbors. There isn't much precedent for that historically.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
JPerkins
Sergeant

Post by JPerkins »

I don't use them except for air transports. I use individual ROE settings and let the air transports do the behind the scenes work and occasional supply of units.
Antonin
Lieutenant

Post by Antonin »

My current game is quite interesting: since in RL I strongly favor increased government spending on healthcare, education and other social services, that's the sort of in-game society I'm creating. I lock out all of the AI ministers and allocate my resources accordingly. The people are happy, the treasury is bulging, and I'm paying off the bonds I began the game with.
Roland040
Colonel

Post by Roland040 »

Hello what i would like to know is there a way you can move all your naval units to a particular spot say like off another country's coastline, either using your defence minister or by other means? I have never been able to work it out. Would like to hear from soneone thanks.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

By other means? Sure, just select them and move them.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Roland040
Colonel

Post by Roland040 »

So you just have to do it manually then? Thats fine i wasnt sure if any of the hotspots would work for them or they can be controlled by your defence minister thats all thanks anyway.
Benjaminvallen1
Major

Roland040 wrote:Hello what i would like to know is there a way you can move all your naval units to a particular spot say like off another country's coastline, either using your defence minister or by other means? I have never been able to work it out. Would like to hear from soneone thanks.

Hotspots could be used to this effect, but that would require a high-degree of initiative and minister control, and it won't send all of your units, just a high number of them, depending on how you organize them. The same thing can be used for ground troops and air units.

... Just a thought, a hotspot for missiles would be interesting. Instead of targeting each unit or stack of units individually, a hotspot to lob any missile in range at a certain spot or at any units that enter that spot... Oooooer. :D AREADENIALBYMISSILESWARM.
The Mithar Empire
Lieutenant

Post by The Mithar Empire »

Well, when i first started playing, I took control of everything except I let the Finance Minister issue bonds if I'm about to dip into the red, and I let the military have a medium level of initiative. However, now that I am use to the intricate details of the game. I take total control across the board, except I set the Defense Minister's priority to increasing reserve staff and I set the Finance Minister's priority to selling the excess products (raw materials, finished goods, etc.) and I may let him handle the pricing unless he pisses me off by putting something at 70%.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

GIJoe597 wrote:I only let the minister handle the day to day resource market. Everything else and all other ministers/activites are locked out.
Same here.
Wish there was a button to do it with one click ...

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”