First Game -- have questions

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

i8pikachu
Sergeant
Human: Yes

First Game -- have questions

Post by i8pikachu »

I really love this game but it has a high learning curve.

I followed the wiki and played as Brazil. I have tons of industries but I have less electricity and even if I build tons of coal mins, 40 nuclear plants and 20 coal power plants that I still can't keep up with the amount of electricity I need.

I think the problem is that I have too many industries which is probably a noob mistake.

But, I can't figure out how to balance the game. I looked around the map and see that Italy has maybe a few industries and a couple of power plants. The same with France and Germany.

This tells me that I do not understand how to create industries and create a prosperous economy.

I'm at the point where my economy only exists to keep the industries running and I have absolutely no military and won't be able to create one.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Re: First Game -- have questions

Post by Eldin »

i8pikachu wrote:I really love this game but it has a high learning curve.

I followed the wiki and played as Brazil. I have tons of industries but I have less electricity and even if I build tons of coal mins, 40 nuclear plants and 20 coal power plants that I still can't keep up with the amount of electricity I need.

I think the problem is that I have too many industries which is probably a noob mistake.

But, I can't figure out how to balance the game. I looked around the map and see that Italy has maybe a few industries and a couple of power plants. The same with France and Germany.

This tells me that I do not understand how to create industries and create a prosperous economy.

I'm at the point where my economy only exists to keep the industries running and I have absolutely no military and won't be able to create one.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Hi! Welcome to the forums.

Having too little electricity is a concern for most of the countries at the start of the game. One can make a lot of money by producing electricity for export. Coal mines are usually the cheapest alternative for new constructions and if you have high deposits of coal in your country it is also one of the cheapest to produce.

You could also consider shutting down some of your other industry to free up electricity. Often players produce a lot of consumer goods flooding the market and eventually distorting the supply\demand level so much that the prices drop reducing profits. Generally it is advised not to rely on only one type of industry for export.

Also, you could reduce consumer consumption of electricity by increasing the markup of electricity and increasing taxes. The latter would likely affect consumer consumption of other goods as well. One would need to manually control production of electricity to increase the markup whilst a minister priority could increase taxes.
i8pikachu
Sergeant

Post by i8pikachu »

Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a try.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

Glad to help! Feel free to use this thread should you have more questions regarding gameplay.
Huangdiist
Lieutenant

Post by Huangdiist »

i8pikachu wrote:I really love this game but it has a high learning curve.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
If you want more electricity, start with open Ctrl+Shift+S (Cheat console), then in that console, first type cheat allowcheats, press, enter, then type cheat breakground, to build your buildings more quickly, after that close the console by clicking the X button on top right corner of the small window. Then back to the Construction panel of electricity, etc., start building tons of industrial goods (to have material necessary to build electricity), next build huge amounts of electricity buildings, thus at last, you shall have a fully functional economy run by high electricty. I reccommend building nuclear plants, yet for more start researching on technology to build Dark Energey Plants, Antimatter Plants, Fusion Plants, Solar Plants, etc. so you can have more options. Next thing I recommend for a military, Adv. Military goods buildings (needs to be researched first, however), then Military Goods buildings (the ordinary ones you are already able to build by default) in order to have enough for military purposes. Also, you can also import huge amounts of materials if needed, by clicking the red arrow tab, in your electricity options.
"All War is Based Upon Deception" - Sun Tzu's The Art of War
Foxbyte
Lieutenant

Post by Foxbyte »

Electricity is a great good to produce in vast quantities; you can export your surplus right away, then use it domestically as you advance. You'll need to build a LOT of power plants to feed your nation's hunger for power, though. Even as a country one fifth the size of Brazil I needed to build nine clusters of six coal power plants; I went a little over, but electricity sells SO GOOD. Even better than petrol in a lot of cases.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”