Coming Back After A Long Time!

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Foxbyte
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Coming Back After A Long Time!

Post by Foxbyte »

Aaaah, SR2020. It's been so long since I've been gone. I was digging through old archives and found my Federal Republic of Central America mod, complete with custom flag, so I figured I'd maybe give it a shot again. I last played with an unpatched version of SR2020 Gold: Has much changed since I was gone?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Coming Back After A Long Time!

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

SR:CW is in development :-)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Foxbyte
Lieutenant

Post by Foxbyte »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:SR:CW is in development :-)

My first response was 'Seriously?!' then I went and looked it up. This is going to be pretty awesome... but I guess SR2020 itself is done for the most part, except for a few tweaks to unit specs?

Are Engineers still stupidly powerful early-game units? Is the AI still really bad at combat, leaving huge star-like formations of units at bases? AI still incapable of using its navy properly? I once sunk all of France's ships with a single submarine back in the day.

Well, I guess I'll go play and find out!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

To answer your questions, from my perspective, yes and yes and yes. Although some improvements have been made, I think the most notable are some countries move subs along the coast now and you may see some ai attempted amphibious landings. Usually too small to amount to anything or the transports run out of fuel and idle in the ocean, but from time to time they suprise you.

The U.S.A. in particular is capable of huge amphib assaults on Cuba for example.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Can I ask, what version of the game you are playing? We have made improvements during each update.

At the same time we'd love to get input into what things you think we should have in SR Cold War. If you haven't done so already, hop over to the cold war section and let us know some details.

Thanks & glad to see you are back playing.

Daxon
Foxbyte
Lieutenant

Post by Foxbyte »

Legend wrote:Can I ask, what version of the game you are playing? We have made improvements during each update.

At the same time we'd love to get input into what things you think we should have in SR Cold War. If you haven't done so already, hop over to the cold war section and let us know some details.

Thanks & glad to see you are back playing.

Daxon

I just installed the development patch thingy. 6.7.63, as well as Balthagor's GUI mod. I'm not sure what other mods might be useful, but I'll be using a few of my old home-brewed things. A Federal Republic of Central America mod, that adds said country in, I'll probably be making engineers a bit nerfed, then trying my old glitch-mod that makes everyone able to own territory and build in international waters.

I'll take a look at CW, but honestly I don't feel I've played enough SR2020 to really give a useful opinion on it. Also you guys are in Ontario too? Awesome-sauce. I knew the company was Canadian but never knew you guys were so close!

Edit: Did the latest patch include music? I don't remember this music... I'm playing as the FRCA so I assume it's a Central American theme. It rocks! I love it. Last time I was playing I remember the music being much less interesting so I turned it off.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”